How to check previously logged in user and deny access for 15 minutes?

Hi all,

I am working on a system which allows a user to use a PC for 30 mins and then forces logout. i've managed to get that part working with AutoIT, however i'd like a way to prevent the user from logging back in to the PC for 15 minutes, once they have been logged out.

This stops the user from re-logging back into the pc everytime they are logged out, and allow fair use to other users.

So any idea how I can achieve this with AutoIT, a) to check previously logged in user and :( deny login access for 15 minutes to user???

Thanks in advance,

Sharpy

You can create a program and use it as shell. This program should verify just an username and password and if all your conditions are fulfilled then replace the shell with explorer and all work normal. When you log off replace explorer with your program back as system shell. This can be a solution.

When the words fail... music speaks.

You can create a program and use it as shell. This program should verify just an username and password and if all your conditions are fulfilled then replace the shell with explorer and all work normal. When you log off replace explorer with your program back as system shell. This can be a solution.

Sounds complicated, any links for working examples of this ?

Would this sit on top of the Windows Logon Screen, check the user id to check if previously logged in, and if not, go to the Windows Logon box?

Also, I've noticed you can set Local Lockout using Group Policy, i.e. 15 minutes. But this only applies if a user has an incorrect login. Is there any way of forcing this policy to work if a user logs in correctly, but once logs out, it applies it???

Edited by sharpharp