Grabbing command prompt window contents

Not sure if this classifies as a GUI question or not. Does anyone know an alternative API-style method of getting the contents of a command prompt buffer? I can do it with SEND("! es{Enter}") which uses the system menu to select all the text and copies it to the clipboard, but that makes the screen flash white every time.

AFAIK the only other way is to spawn it with Run() and grab the information through pipes. If I understand correctly, it is because the command prompt window is a rendered bmp, and doesn't have visible text/controls like Windows applications.

I don't know if it is possible to capture Pipes from a user-spawned Cmd window, or if a Run()-spawned instance would allow interaction by the user.

If you don't need interactivity, but just want to grab the output of a program, let me know, I've got a code snippet that does that.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!