Au3Update manager utility

I had some problems with AutoUpdateIt and not function as it did not used last patches and I missed some functions too so I did a compleatly rewrite to this nice utility originald written by Rob Sounders...

I reused some of the intuitiion lauouts as this could not have been done in a better design but I missed the ability to use archive files to updates as an option to be able to make a library of the downloaded files as backup purpose - this utility can also be placed anywhere on screen etc...

As I totally rewrote the application I think that I can put it on the net if any 'autoitters' want to use this application special options...

The application include an install / uninstall script as well as a topics...

Script is included...

Free to download:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...e/Au3Update.exe

kjactive :(

Edited by kjactive

I just fixed a few bugs as I discovered these using the .exe

About window do now show the right autoit3 revision used...

1.The 'current autoit details' area revision now get updated after a update...

2.Some miner deug leftovers was not removed...

3.Changed the topics like to warn about useing this application when other autoit application are active as this could ruin the update process...

So I wrote, used the _CompareVersions() from AutoUpdate, to automaticly download and install the latest beta if you dont already have it installed. I just compile it and run it, and it does the rest. Nothing earth shattering but I know I want the latest beta so it saves me a couple of clicks :(

update.au3

Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs

Ops... Sorry that I didn't get your name correctly - I'll fix this in next update and the bug with the date/version exchange is already corrected, also that the updated revision get changed too when finished...

One problem I discovered on a faster internet line was that my statusbar didn't match - I have to look into that one, I think this is a hard one to catch...

Edited by kjactive

I just made some updates as to rev. 1.4:

1.Now the file to download size is the actually filesize and not the wrong one written in the download .INI file...

2.The filesize displayed get updated when one change download file mode ( zip or exe model )...

3.I included an 'is internet available' blocking function and the application quits...

4.The status bar do now actually show the right download status...

5.Included the statusbar to show the status of the .ini downloaded files...

6.Included a example to include this application into Scite .au3.properties list...

7.Changed the infoline to remove the previous displayed text when mouse moves...

download at site:

Edited by kjactive

I just made some updates as to rev. 1.4:

1.Now the file to download size is the actually filesize and not the wrong one written in the download .INI file...

2.The filesize displayed get updated when one change download file mode ( zip or exe model )...

3.I included an 'is internet available' blocking function and the application quits...

4.The status bar do now actually show the right download status...

5.Included the statusbar to show the status of the .ini downloaded files...

6.Included a example to include this application into Scite .au3.properties list...

7.Changed the infoline to remove the previous displayed text when mouse moves...

download at site:

kjactive  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kjactive,

The team that handles the beta installation as well as Scite4AutoIt have cleverly worked it out so that both the production version and the beta version of AutoIt can be used in tandem now. It's such a great idea, how about if Au3Update also displayed what Beta version is installed (if any), as well as the current version of Scite?

JerryD

Great I would do just that - any places to get information from, where to look...

I noticed that Au3Update sometimes can have a problem to download revision information from sited on internet when inet haven't been activated before ( on a slow line anyway ) and has to be activated twice to function - do any other users noticed this kind problem?

Edited by kjactive

I noticed that Au3Update sometimes can have a problem to download revision information from sited on internet when inet haven't been activated before ( on a slow line anyway ) and has to be activated twice to function - do any other users noticed this kind problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have the problem you described. The 2d execution is OK. BTW, I use a fast LAN to connect to the Internet.

Cheers

Peppe

Try to use Explorer before activate the Au3Update - does it not work alright then...

Can any of you devoted programmer tell me what's wrong here, me or InetGet that runs in background and has to finish mode - there is also a block function if Init is not available at all durring some time and that do not get activated...

Well I did an update on my Au3Update 'Update manager' to rev 1.5 that fixed some small bugs and also attached a new option, some extra init checking as well as some funny stuff...

Fixed the 'internet has not previous get activated' bug...

attached a function to see if the files is actually available on inet right now...

A new menu option 'ReInstall' to install previous patches directly from the library list...

The file download size and download status is now correct...

The lose focus trouble if cursor was above 'application quit control' ( Inet hang )...

Attached a max path length function so that path texts longer than the window did not ruin controls...

Removed the maximize control in the dragbar...

opdated the topics...

The application handle updates both from executes as well as .zip archives...

The application include an install/ uninstaller script as well as a topics...

Application is preprocessed with Au3Preprocess manager and script is included...

Download at site:

Edited by kjactive

Great I would do just that - any places to get information from, where to look...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kjactive,

Assuming your question is addressed to my suggestion, the installed Beta version can be read from the registry under

HKLM\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt\BetaVersion

Currently, the value I have is

v3.1.1.43

JerryD