Stopping Service -error 5 access denied

Hello all,

I am a newb so please be kind :(

Running widows7 logged in with admin rights but with blank password

I have spent many hours seaching the web for a way to stop and start a service. I found various ways (thanks everyone) and tried them all. none have worked with autoit. I tried some suggestion to do it in the cmd and that to failed. then i read about elevated cmd and tried it there and was successfull.

Now i need help with autoit side and scripting one of these ways to run with either admin rights or in an elevated cmd? Can anyone help me stop a service (spooler) I believe my issue has to do with admin privileges

thank you

Rob

That works but a window comes up asking for permission -but This needs to run when i am not around -so a backup can occur. this is to shut off my solid works PDM server to do a backup of my Vault -else file corruption occurs. service must be off

How do i do this without having to click on any buttons (needs to be quiet)

Then it will need to be run in a context that already has the required access, like a scheduled task or service of your own, running as SYSTEM or an account with required group membership (I was thinking it might only require BACKUP OPERATOR, and not necessarily ADMINISTRATORS).

:(

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law