Writing EXIF-Comments

I take it you are looking to make an editor of sorts. I looked around and googled a bit, but I didn't find much.

Exactly, I am writing a script to write comments to JPGs. A very old tecnique, since DOS times, is to put the comment in a special file called 'descript.ion' in the same directory a the file itself. That works fine, but modern photo-viewers do not support this anymore, only Xnview and ACDSee Classic do as far as I know. That's why I'm looking for a way to put descriptions directly into the JPG file, precisely in EXIF data.

Although in german, my script is easy to understand.

(Sorry, the attached script needs a modified include file. Try the descript.au3 attached to the next posting, that works with available includes.)

descred8ok.au3

Edited by wolfbartels

• 1 year later...

Hi wolfbartels

IPad's from Apple iPhoto, seems to order photos from Exif data, and only if they are not present that it will use the creation date from .JPG file, when syncronizing with winXP.

So, my questions are:

1- do you believe that with your script I can "delete" or "clear" all info in EXIFs files, so IPad uses the "external" creation date?

2- or you think it's better to edit those dates (Ipad uses EXIF creation, modification, etc. in this order). So, I will have to edit all them.

3- as I know nothing about EXIF, option 1 will be the simplest one? I mean, delete all exif data or clear all it's fields? Exif data is not needed on my case. In fact, some photos have exif and other no.

Thanks

Jose Breitinger