Scite Deletes my Files

Scite did not do this before but now everytime I do a Compile with options using the full version of site, it deletes the source code/au3 file. Is anyone having that is problem? I have to then save what I have open in the window to get my source back. I have started to use the regular compile again because I don't like it deleting the au3.

What happened to make Scite do this? It was fine before. :(

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

• Moderators

EndFunc,

AutoIt3Wrapper (which is actually what you are using when you compile from the full SciTE package) produces its own version of the source file before compiling (it does a lot of housekeeping as it runs) - which means that it puts your "original" source in the Recycle bin and replaces it with the "new" version. But I have never seen it fail to do so.

What AutoIt3Wrapper directives are you using? Do you have a short script which is actually deleted so we can test it on our machines?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

EndFunc,

AutoIt3Wrapper (which is actually what you are using when you compile from the full SciTE package) produces its own version of the source file before compiling (it does a lot of housekeeping as it runs) - which means that it puts your "original" source in the Recycle bin and replaces it with the "new" version. But I have never seen it fail to do so.

What AutoIt3Wrapper directives are you using? Do you have a short script which is actually deleted so we can test it on our machines?

M23

What do you need? The au3 file or just the code? Yeah its strange because it use to not do this before. Im using

SciTE

Version 1.79

Jul 16 2009 18:30:31

by Neil Hodgson.

Updated: Valik & Jos

Im actually not using any directives just the default ones for the script I was doing. All I did was right click compile with options. Named my file, chose an icon and it ok. That's it and it deletes the file in the process, which it is putting it in the recycle bin now. Before it would just remove it will it was compiling and it would still be there afterwards. Also if I obsfucated it, I would have the original and the obsfucated one.

Not sure what happened but it worked fine for years.

What do you need? The au3 file or just the code? Yeah its strange because it use to not do this before. Im using

SciTE

Version 1.79

Jul 16 2009 18:30:31

by Neil Hodgson.

Updated: Valik & Jos

Im actually not using any directives just the default ones for the script I was doing. All I did was right click compile with options. Named my file, chose an icon and it ok. That's it and it deletes the file in the process, which it is putting it in the recycle bin now. Before it would just remove it will it was compiling and it would still be there afterwards. Also if I obsfucated it, I would have the original and the obsfucated one.

Not sure what happened but it worked fine for years.

Ok do a File Open and see if the scite editor finds the .au3 in the folder it should be in. I came across an error long ago where even if you refreshed a folder, new files would not show up. You had to close explorer and restart it to see them. But if you were in an open file dialog they would show just fine.

Since when you compile the script it will delete the au3 and recreate another one (old copy goes to recycle bin), it could be that you just cannot see the new one because of a bug. If it is this though I'm sad to say I cannot remember how I fixed it. If not, it is probably something that is preventing the compiler from writing the file back.

• Moderators

EndFunc,

Sorry, I am afraid I cannot really help any further. :) Does the same thing happen if you compile by pressing Ctrl-F7 within SciTE?

In any event I have PM'd Jos to make sure he is aware and we will have to await his expertise. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Ok do a File Open and see if the scite editor finds the .au3 in the folder it should be in. I came across an error long ago where even if you refreshed a folder, new files would not show up. You had to close explorer and restart it to see them. But if you were in an open file dialog they would show just fine.

Since when you compile the script it will delete the au3 and recreate another one (old copy goes to recycle bin), it could be that you just cannot see the new one because of a bug. If it is this though I'm sad to say I cannot remember how I fixed it. If not, it is probably something that is preventing the compiler from writing the file back.

:(, I think that's what's happening. When I was using Windows XP it never did that to me. I just recently started using Windows 7 and the exe would appear but not the au3 file so, I would just make a space in Scite so I could save the au3 again and then it would reappear. It seems to have been always there but for some reason on Windows 7 its not refreshing properly if you have it on tiles view. DOH! lol

Thanks for that. Makes me feel kinda stupid but I thought that was weird because it was the same version I was using on my XP machine.

EndFunc,

Sorry, I am afraid I cannot really help any further. :) Does the same thing happen if you compile by pressing Ctrl-F7 within SciTE?

In any event I have PM'd Jos to make sure he is aware and we will have to await his expertise. :(

M23

Thanks Melba, I think I got it. It was what I said above after the other person had the same problem. Kinda weird though because I don't remember XP acting that way. Oh well. Thanks for your quick responses as always.