How to NOT Stop a Script if the Workstation is Locked with ALT-CTRL-DEL

Greetings. My script is designed to run in the background and provide users with a variety of keyboard shortcuts for a specific application that does not have such shortcuts. I provide the users this script as an EXE.

But when a user needs to leave their desk, they lock their workstation with ALT-CTRL-DEL. This crashes my script. It's still visible in the System Tray, but it no longer works. And it isn't "paused" - it's just dead in the water. It has to be exited via the System Tray and restarted.

Using Win-L to lock the workstation causes the same problem. I'm thinking this will happen to any script - correct? Is there a way to avoid it? I'd appreciate any advice.

What are you talking about? Nothing happens with scripts when the comp is locked. It's all in your code if something really happen. Post a small runnable (working) reproducer so we know what you're talking about.

In a nutshell, Windows suspends all GUI/Keyboard/Mouse activity when a workstation is locked. I've had this issue with all scripts that need to manipulate any GUI. My only workaround has been to run the script in a remote session and lock the workstation. This way the remote session is still being processed while the workstation is securely locked.

If you are running a script on a user's workstation then maybe you can devise a method of checking the PC state. Then you suspend your script if the workstation locked and resume once available. I think somewhere in this forum lies a script that can check if a workstation is locked...you just need to find it.

Good luck.