Java UI

Hi,

I wanted to automate an application which I believe is Java based. When I tried AutoIt Window Info tool on this GUI app, I am not getting valid information. The only Information I am getting is Window Title name and Class name as SunAwtFrame. I was trying to captute Text in this GUI window.

Need help on this.

Thanks

--Sid

• 2 years later...

I have a similar issue. With the application I am attempting automate the jar file is wrapped as an executable using v>

Launch4j and then launch from a MSI. This appears to cause the windowsaccessbridge.dll to fail to recognize it as a Java window. Also note that JavaFerret and JavaMonkey also have issues interrogating the window as well. I have a feeling it is this porcess that is causing the tools not to be able to access the JVM. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get around this one?

• Moderators

Hi, TJ440, welcome to the forum. It is generally considered best practice not to reopen threads that are this old, as AutoIt changes so quickly as a language; what worked in 2010 would not necessarily be applicable now (granted, the OP received no answers). I guarantee, however, that if you start a new topic and explain just what you are trying to accomplish, you will receive a lot more responses than tacking onto an old one ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

you're using .jar file? So I suppose you use some type of midlet emulator? like sjboy is an example, try viewing the core files like file.res or the jar file itself with Resource hacker, the jar file is most proabably developed with a java developer kit like netbeans which is for Mobile, so autoit won't really give you any info... The other thing you can do is to create a macro recorder, which clicks the specified buttons at the specified coords or you can try to send keys which is hot keys in the application...

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]