Problem With Autoit Window Info

I am trying to work with Autoit Window Informer, but when i take the cross hairs and move it over the application it only shows the mouse cords.

Is there any way i can get around this?, so i can automate the program?

I am trying to work with Autoit Window Informer, but when i take the cross hairs and move it over the application it only shows the mouse cords.

Is there any way i can get around this?, so i can automate the program?

A little more detail would be helpful rather than asking the forum to play guessing games giving the wrong impressions of the forum & person asking for help. Taking a wild guess at what you might be describing, here are a thought.

1. Start with setting the au3 Window Info to "Frozen" mode (CTRL+Alt+F)

2. Using the Finder Tool (cross hairs) manually drag to area you want information

--- NOTE: The tool has 7 tabs and assuming you have the Mouse tab selected...

3. While slowly dragging tool (with left mouse button held down) to different areas notice listed Property Values change.

4. You should see the Position Values and Color Values change as you move the cross hairs around the desktop

5. To see other information you'll need to select the appropriate tab

Some people describe the information disappearing or not being visible. This is usually due to the video drivers on your system. Clicking in the white info area will usually return visibility.

Launch the au3 Window Info a second time to get Window / Control information to automate the window. au3 (AutoIt3) is a great tool but not perfect. Some of the limitations I've have experienced is controling Flash windows. You should be able to automate the au3 Window Info tool would be my guess. Then again I can't read minds and have no idea what you mean or aim to do.

Cheers!

Sorry for not coming across clear.

I have used the Window Info finder quite a bit over the last few days, so i don't think its a driver issue or a mis-understanding of how to read the tool in its generic form.

I did the the Ctrl + Alt + F, and noticed window info go into frozen mode; however, when mousing over the section of the application I want to find info on nothing appears under the Control Tab,or Visible text. I did notice under the mouse tab there is some over all screen cords.

Its almost like the application isn't there? When i go from left to right with the window info tool and over and across the application the cords stay cumulative they don't reset when i go over the application.

I guess what i was looking for is if a program doesn't allow for window info to read its screen data, can I use a different method to automate the application.

I.E. Pulling the top left corner cords and report back the corner cords, so i can find the starting point of the application. Then from there being able to adjust how the mouseclick option would work, so no matter on what size screen or where the application window pops up my mouse clicks are accurate. I know i can use the mouseclick to automate the application, but i am not sure how to find a reference point to start from(ie top, left).

reason i ask is ever time i have used au3 recorder to get mouse click positions, and they were always off, and never where i clicked them :(.

Thanks again,

Thawee

Edited by thawee

... when mousing over the section of the application I want to find info on ... Its almost like the application isn't there?

Ahh, much better job describing your issue. THANK YOU!! This is part of the limitiations I was describing and common to java & flash windows. I'm sure there are other types of windows au3 can't read (like winamp in classic view), but there are other tools like Spy++ *might* give you more detailed info that au3 WinInfo doesn't. But understand you'll need a deeper knowledge of programming to leverage this info.

When I need to control/automate windows that au3 doesn't "see", I've resorted to the MouseMove(), MouseClick(), Send(), ControlClick(), ControlSend(), etc commands. Granted this is less than desired, but with my limited knowledge I does what I gotz to do. I'm sure some of the real deal scripters/programmers here can help you better than I can. If you were going to settle for less and look into some of the commands I mentioned, make sure to use WinSetState() or WinMove() to ensure the target window and corrdinates are always the same.

Likewise if different computers with different screen resolutions will run your script, you'll need to account for that too. Look into the @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, and @DesktopDepth to sorta "standardize" window/corrdinate positions.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

If the OP cant get any info from the window then functions like Controlclick, controlsend, winsetstate, winmove are not going to be of any use.

Unless the OP is being less than accurate with his assesment of the information he has then he is pretty much looking at pixel functions.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

If the OP cant get any info from the window then functions like Controlclick, controlsend, winsetstate, winmove are not going to be of any use.

Unless the OP is being less than accurate with his assesment of the information he has then he is pretty much looking at pixel functions.

Well... yes and maybe. Yes if zero/absolutely no info is visible. However in cases where limited info is available, as in Java/Flash windows, that aren't "seen" by au3/WinInfo ... its more of a maybe than an outright no/impossible.

In my limited experience these "problem" windows do have a top-level control visible/controlable by au3. So I'm merely suggesting using those functions to blindly click/send commands (like ALT+F4) to the single parent/topmost control.

For example, if you goto the web and lauch a flash audio player, au3 WinInfo may display the Advance Mode value on the Control tab as "[CLASS:MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX; INSTANCE:1]" or something similiar. Beyond that though, au3 can't control the play, pause, track, replay, next track contols/buttons.

Hope this helps others!

Thanks for the info everyone,

Much appreciated.

I will look in to those commands and see what i can come up with.

:(

I will post any positive results, so other can learn from my experiences.

Take Care,

Thawee