Programs running in compatibily mode

I have a script to load certain files into a program, process them, and go on with the next file.

The script worked fine on Windows XP, so yesterday I tried running it on Windows 7, but it gets stuck pretty early. After some testing I think I found the problem. When sending keystrokes, mouseclicks or menuactions to a program which runs in compatibility mode, they just don't seem to be delivered. I tried a simple script for an editor (geany):

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
$title = "Geany"
WinWait($title)
WinActivate($title)
Sleep(500)
Send("test")

If the editor runs normally, it works fine; if it runs in compatibility mode, the window gets activated, but I get no text. Problem is, the original program has to run in compatibility mode.

I searched in the forum, but couldn't find anything. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or has some ideas how to solve this?

If someone has the same problem, I just found a workaround:

Starting the program in the AutoIt script and then running the script in compatibility mode - and voila, they are both in the same virtual machine (or whatever it is that is done) and all keystrokes are delivered

If someone has the same problem, I just found a workaround:

Starting the program in the AutoIt script and then running the script in compatibility mode - and voila, they are both in the same virtual machine (or whatever it is that is done) and all keystrokes are delivered

If you run your script with the #RequireAdmin directive it will also be able to successfully interact with a program running in compatibility mode.

Or if a program is started in compatibility mode, and then your script is started also in compatibility mode, your script can interact with the program.

Or, do as you did :(

It has to do with the fact that any program run in compatibility mode in Win 7 runs with elevated user permissions (that's why you always get a UAC prompt when starting one).