Best way to incorporate a graphic into AutoIt exe file?

4Eyes

Folks,

What's the best way to incorporate (include, make part of, etc) a graphic (prob a bmp) into a compiled AutoIT exe file such that I could display it in a pic control?

I've looked at the AutoIt3Wrapper 'Res Add Files' facility but don't understand how to use it. For example: "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add= ; Filename[,Section [,ResName]] to be added." Wassat? Filename I understand, but what is 'Section'? Is 'ResName' a way to refer to the included object?

I recall looking at a very long thread started by one of the Guru's (maybe Zedna) who wrote a facility to include and use resources like I'd like, but can't find that thread at the mom.

Regards,

4Eyes

Valuater,

Yeah, that'll work, but I need to cleanup afterward. Plus, I'm writing this to work on a remote 2003 Server box using terminal services. It doesn't have the same path to the project so that adds to the mess. If I could use a variable such as @ScriptDir then that would help a lot.

So yes, FileInstall is possible, but it complicates things a little. Thinking about it, I could test for the computer name and pick between 2 paths. Nah, that is not so easy easy as the compiler looks for both paths. Sigh... for peace I've created a dummy dir on my dev pc.

I could also simply email the exe but it's a lot better/faster to run interpreted for dev then apply the changes with a copy/paste and recompile on the remote machine.

Thanks,

4Eyes

Edited by 4Eyes

It might be this one you are thinking of.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51103&hl=resources&st=0

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I recall looking at a very long thread started by one of the Guru's (maybe Zedna) who wrote a facility to include and use resources like I'd like, but can't find that thread at the mom.

Thanks for the compliment.

Next time try to use Search feature on this forum. I'm sure you must find my topic if you will search for word "resource" in Examples forum with "Search in title" option turned ON.

Thanks for the compliment.

Next time try to use Search feature on this forum. I'm sure you must find my topic if you will search for word "resource" in Examples forum with "Search in title" option turned ON.

I agree, from the time I started reading his post until my reply was posted, the time was less than a minute.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"