Question About Keylogger

• Moderators

Danyiel92,

Are you saying that your AV alerted you that a script was a suspected keylogger? If so then please read the "Are my AutoIt EXEs really infected?" sticky at the top of the foum.

If not, can you try and explain your question again. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Danyiel92,

Ok, I understand you are asking if a keylogger will recognise keystrokes sent by ControlSend. :(

The next question to you is: Why do you want to know? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Danyiel92,

Ok, I understand you are asking if a keylogger will recognise keystrokes sent by ControlSend. :(

The next question to you is: Why do you want to know? :)

M23

Yes.

Is about my security website.

I make it for my moderator to login admin panel.

Edited by Danyiel92

keyloggers, hack tools, gamebots are not supported by autoit community, forums because they don't want au3 files to be seen as malicious

Edited by adik2dmax666
First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming style. Then forget all that and just hack. -George Carrette[sub]GD Keylogger Creator (never released)[/sub][sub]Garena Autojoin v3.0[/sub]

• Moderators

adik2dmax666,

I get the impression the OP is trying to avoid keyloggers rather than write one. :(

Danyiel92,

There are many ways to determine just what is written on a computer display; watch the keyboard (or its drivers) directly; look at the screen content; do something like ControlGetText;......the list is endless. Nothing you ever do on a computer is ever totally secure - unless you are a big government with lots of money and expertise (and even then........ :) ). Google TEMPEST and see what I mean.

I would imagine that using ControlSend would negate the more common keyloggers that look at the keyboard (or its drivers) directly, but as I am not privy to the inner workings of AutoIt I cannot say for sure. I will ask for this thread to be moved to Developer Chat - there is no real AutoIt question here and so I believe it is more suited there.

M23

A friendly warning to all readers: Do not post anything in this topic which you might later have cause to regret - especially any keylogger code! :)

Spoiler

keyloggers, hack tools, gamebots are not supported by autoit community, forums because they don't want au3 files to be seen as malicious

Perhaps not, but this is a valid question.

If you suspect you have a keylogger and need to get online to get info on how to remove it then having a hotkey to send usernam and password would be sensible.

That is of course if keyloggers dont register keys sent with autoit3 controlsend.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well AU3Reorder certainly did log the keys with send, never tried controlsend, im sure its the same.

Most likely your garden variety script buffoon wont have a fancy dan logger such as that though. :(

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 1 month later...

An interesting question is if there is an "simple" way to detect if there is a keylogger. Because it usually intercepts the keyboard, it should leave some tracks in the system. If we detect a keylogger we could avoid sending the password...

Any idea on where to look to detect a keylogger?

Bau Bau

Federico

facing about same problem.. Never used keylogger, roughly how big percentage of those are also able to read data from Clipboard? If any? (found ClipPut/ClipGet from AutoIT3 manual).Cannot use ControlSend ( some sort of custom controls) but Ctrl+V may be escape route with Send if I could be sure that most of the keyloggers wont try to watch Clipboard..

facing about same problem.. Never used keylogger, roughly how big percentage of those are also able to read data from Clipboard? If any? (found ClipPut/ClipGet from AutoIT3 manual).Cannot use ControlSend ( some sort of custom controls) but Ctrl+V may be escape route with Send if I could be sure that most of the keyloggers wont try to watch Clipboard..

- Most of them can read from keyboard. You do not have to use a keylogger for that information. Just google keylogger and you'll be hard-pushed to find a (commercial) keylogger without clipboard monitoring.

[Not using this account any more. Using "iShafayet" instead]

- Most of them can read from keyboard. You do not have to use a keylogger for that information. Just google keylogger and you'll be hard-pushed to find a (commercial) keylogger without clipboard monitoring.

thank you for reply.

Looks like I can throw out of window what I have cooked up :mellow:

Is there any chance by some way of getting AutoIT3 to "link" ControlSend with "custom" controls? (specifically OpenGL window using Torque engine which should be more or less open code)