My Tooltips only display ounce

Hi All

I have created a Gui with some Tooltips. Some of these tooltips have lots of text in them and if the user takes to long to read them, the Tooltips disapear and won't dispay again. Is this normal? How can I overcome this problem?

I also noted when using: Opt("TrayIconDebug",1)does the same thing and may also display too low as to be unreadable, it hides it self below the Taskbar. The debugging of scrips using this facility is then not possible. Is this a bug or how can I fix this.

I am using Windows XP Pro, SP3.

Regards

Gerry

You can repeat the tooltip in a loop. It doesn't flash or anything distracting like that:

For $n = 1 To 30
    ToolTip("Thirty second tip...")
    Sleep(1000)
Next

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This is a bug.

It's happening with new versions of AutoIt and XP systems :(.

Devs rejected it as a bug. Explanation was, if I recall properly, Works for me.

Nevertheless, it's a bug since tooltip (GUICtrlSetTip) works as expected with "A" AutoIt and doesn't with "B" AutoIt on the same system.

A is older, B is not.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Thanks to all who read this post and to those who responded.

I tied the tooltip in a loop but since I am actually having a problem with "GUICtrlSetTip", "Tooltip" won't do the job, I tried it though, no flicker as you said but with "GuiCtrlSetTip" it does flicker.

I experimented with the delay and the sleep time in the loop, longer sleep times gives a better display but the response time suffers and it would actually apear if the App is hanging when exitting.

I suppose the TrayIcon message is also related to "Tooltip"?

Seems like I / we will just have to live with what Is not a "bug". Anyhow I still love AutoIt to bits!

Have a greate day

Gerry