Is This Possible?

I am a racing photographer and I run my own website where I post and sell photos of race cars.

I have been approached by several of the writers who do press releases for the race teams about hosting their press releases on my site.

I brought up that I could give them a secure login and code a simple PHP form that they could post these press releases on and that I could even "Auto Send" their mass E-Mails out to the correct people based off of Driver names and distribution list....All goo so far

What I want to know is if it is possible to have some one build a "Post Bot" for me that could grab these press releases and "Auto Post" them on specific message boards in "specific" forums.

I would have permission from each forum operator to do this,and user names and passwords for each one.

This would not be SPAM, They are a welcome weekly post to all of these message boards to keep updated on each team.

I just want to "automate the distrbution" of the press releases.

Is it possible? Could 1 bot accomadate several writers with many drivers and distribute correctly?

I have ZERO coding expierience so I'm looking for direction and help.

Thank You for taking the time to read all of that :(

Steve

Welcome.

Many things are possible however as good as your intentions may be I doubt you will find the support you hope for. This forum suffers from auto posting bots already!

You may have to turn to rent-a-coder for this.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Thank You for the reply,

I was afraid of that!

I know what I want to do is exactly what we all spend hours trying to prevent.

But it is with very good intentions I seek the answers

I have posted a link to my website in my profile,

And you can google my name to verify who I am.

I seek sound, exact advise and prefer not to have to look in the underworld LOL

Would this kind of code be to complex for me to learn on?, If I attempted to do it myself

I have no idea.

Steve

Whether it be complex or not is not the issue. No one is going to post code or help develop a script that you want esp since this is the official forum.

Once issue is, if you get help here, you will have to post your code in this thread for all to see. You may get your answer but you allow anyone with malicious intentions to use it to suit their needs.

I don’t suspect what you want to do will be hard however as you said, ppl go to lengths to prevent what you are trying to do.

You may have to go to the ‘underworld’, sorry.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Personally, I wouldn't call this malicious. The only thing that bothers me is that you could be someone pretending to be the photographer.

If that were to be the case, I'd only give this suggestion; _IE functions.

James

I understand, If someone is seriously interested in this I don't mind compensating them.

And to confirm the projects legetimacy I am willing to give them my cell # and share information that will confirm my idenity.

like FTP info for my site and other reliable means.

Also completely understand that code examples should not be posted.

James Brooks: I have no clue what "_IE functions" means, But I'm sure it's good! LOL

Steve

Would this kind of code be to complex for me to learn on?, If I attempted to do it myself

I dont think so myself, you should be getting the hang of it pretty quickly

first look in the help file at _IE_Example and _IECreate

Also search the forums for _IECreate and _IEFormSubmit you will find tons of scripts to look at as examples.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I dont think so myself, you should be getting the hang of it pretty quickly

first look in the help file at _IE_Example and _IECreate

Also search the forums for _IECreate and _IEFormSubmit you will find tons of scripts to look at as examples.

JohnOne,

Thank You for the push forward and the direction to start.

I'm teaching myself PHP and Cold Fusion the same way..hours of hard knocks!!

I have no fear of learning

I would rather give it a try and learn something from the process anyway,

So given the fact that I will need to ask some questions as I go, How would admin suggest I show what I'm doing?

Because of the sensitivity of this type of program I believe all would prefer I NOT post the code.

Not that it will work right away anyway :( but I want to be proper.

My other question is, Can I leave this in script form and run it on my server and trigger it with a PHP submit call?

Steve

There some good links to tutorials in my and big_daddy's signature.

Great place to start.

I see you want to post blogs and email

I would start by first getting the photos into an array that you want to post or email, _FileListToArray may help you.

If you have any questions, just ask.