Internet Explorer Window Element capture

Hi All,

I'm new to the AutoIt3 subject and struggling with the screen capture of a specific pushed window. The window is coming from Dynamics CRM and contains elements, which I can see in another testprogram but I'm not able to read them in AutoIt3. The whole IE windows is seen as one element.

I'll attach a screen shot from the screen I get pushed and the fields that I try to recognize the information from. Based on the information in the fields I need to enter information in the yellow colored field.

Since the windows pop-up size may vary, I can not use fixed mouse positions. I need to select the word "Subject" so the cursor is placed in the field to enter data.

Any suggestions on how to get forward from this would be welcome.

(P.S. Please Bear in mind that I'm not a programmer.)

CRM2.zip

I'm new to the AutoIt3 subject and struggling with the screen capture of a specific pushed window. The window is coming from Dynamics CRM and contains elements, which I can see in another testprogram but I'm not able to read them in AutoIt3. The whole IE windows is seen as one element.

Seen as one element in what? AutoIt Window Info tool (AU3Info.exe)? Or a DOM inspector (i.e. DebugBar)? Do you mean it is really one element in HTML (like a Flash object), or you just haven't learned how to use the _IE* functions to get into the web page?

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi PsaltyDS,

As per your 1st suggestion it is in AutoIt Window Info tool (AU3Info.exe) that it shows up as one element. And like I wrote, I'm new to programming. In another program (AutoMate) it shows up broken down in separate elements, so I don't know if I can use the same elements as in AutoMate?

If I have to teach myself how to use the _IE* functions to get into the web page what would be a good source to start?

Thanks,

~NiteOwls

The web page portion of an IE window is a single "Internet Explorer_Server" control. Everything inside that control is drawn by IE based on the Document Object Model (DOM). The standard GUI/Control functions of AutoIt do not apply to anything inside the DOM.

Start working with the _IE* functions in the help file to see how you can work with those DOM elements. Start by just running the example scripts under the various _IE* functions.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law