Reading a Dialogue box

I have a "Properies" dialogue box on screen and I need to read all of the text in the box. The function "WinGetText" seems to only read the control buttons. Is there a way to read the text within the box (I am looking to compare the text for a particular string). Thanks very much for any help.

RIck DeFalco

Look at the properties dialog with the AutoIt Window Info tool (AU3Info.exe). See if the text is inside another control that needs more work to read (like a SysListView32).

If that doesn't help you, post the contents of the Summary tab so we can see what you're dealing with.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Look at the properties dialog with the AutoIt Window Info tool (AU3Info.exe). See if the text is inside another control that needs more work to read (like a SysListView32).

If that doesn't help you, post the contents of the Summary tab so we can see what you're dealing with.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I looked at all of the other controls in the Window Info Tool, but the test

within the Dialogue box doesn't appear anywhere. I am attaching the contents of the Summary tab so you can view it. Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Best regards,

Rick DeFalco

Summary Window-Properties Dialogue.txt

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I looked at all of the other controls in the Window Info Tool, but the test

within the Dialogue box doesn't appear anywhere. I am attaching the contents of the Summary tab so you can view it. Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Best regards,

Rick DeFalco

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  Internet Explorer_Server
Instance:   1
ClassnameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
It's simple, that's not a Windows control, it's a web page. You can connect to the IE dialog with _IEAttach() and the "DialogBox" mode, then work with the DOM elements like any other web page using the various _IE* functions. See the help file.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It's simple, that's not a Windows control, it's a web page. You can connect to the IE dialog with _IEAttach() and the "DialogBox" mode, then work with the DOM elements like any other web page using the various _IE* functions. See the help file.

:idea:

Thanks very much for putting me on the right path. I think I can slog through it now.

Best regards,

Rick D