Bug Terminator [ Prototype ]

Rizonetech

A simple rogue / anti-spyware / anti-virus program. I will need some help with this one. Would like to make this a community base program. All sources and Database files included.

BugKill.zip

Not a bad start. It would be a great tool to add to the tool box of a computer tech to get the computer back to a workable state.

Things that IMO should be added/changed

- Backup/Log

- Deleting files can cause major failures if the file has been integrated into windows (eg file is set as default program to run for .EXE files).

- Instead of delete do a rename SomeVirus.exe -> SomeVirus.exe.BUGKILL Then add a cleanup button to search and delete these files.

- DataBase editor

- Be nice to know what is in the database, duplicate entries, edit, delete entires

- Add an easy way to add new entries (show process list, folder select, etc)

But all in all a great start!

Not a bad start. It would be a great tool to add to the tool box of a computer tech to get the computer back to a workable state.

Things that IMO should be added/changed

- Backup/Log

- Deleting files can cause major failures if the file has been integrated into windows (eg file is set as default program to run for .EXE files).

- Instead of delete do a rename SomeVirus.exe -> SomeVirus.exe.BUGKILL Then add a cleanup button to search and delete these files.

- DataBase editor

- Be nice to know what is in the database, duplicate entries, edit, delete entires

- Add an easy way to add new entries (show process list, folder select, etc)

But all in all a great start!

Thank you for the reply. I'm thinking of splitting it into several sections (modules / programs) for use with other scripting and batch programs. For exaple: a process killing app, file killing app and ofcource I will follow your advice, include log file, backup ex.

Edited by Rizonetech

Rizonesoft Open Source Home Scripts: Complete Internet Repair | Development: Rizonesoft SDK

Thank you for the reply. I'm thinking of splitting it into several sections (modules / programs) for use with other scripting and batch programs. For exaple: a process killing app, file killing app and ofcource I will follow your advice, include log file, backup ex.

Not a bad idea....

May I make a suggestion... if your going to split it... Split it once more and make each of the programs 2 parts... One main part that allows you to use it in Batch files (command line handling, etc) and the func(s) that actually do the work. That way you can "#include" the function in other programs...

Also to clarify I should have siad "RESTORE" not backup. IE a file you run to put the changes BACK in case the changes "broke" the computer all you need to do it RUN the file. :(

OK enough meddling for one night......I better get some work done :)

Why the negative vote, with no comment? At least let me know what you like and don't like, so that I can create better software for you.

Negative?? Why would it be "negative"? Voting is always positive (1-5 stars). Would you think that everyone would like your script idea 100%?

Honestly - I know very well what you mean by "negative". I gave you 1 star yesterday because you just barely posted your example, had several views, 0 (zero) replies and 5 stars. That didn't seem to me to be very "legit" and I thought (and I still think) that you gave yourself these 5 stars (using another account) just to boost your post's rating.

Prove me wrong and I will apologize to you.

(I think there is one more person who thought the same as me because it seems you got another 1 star vote meanwhile.)

I don't think you are not able to write a 5 star script and I don't think that this one in particular is a bad one - as I said, prove me wrong and I will apologize.

Edited by enaiman

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Good work! But I request some features :

- Backup for removed files and registry keys. Because removing some files may cause system crash.

- Find and removed autorun files.

- Online update, manual update (especally for offline computer).

- Auto detect and end process that is in 'black list'.