Autoit and setacl

Hi All,

What I'm trying to do will probably be way easy, but I haven't figured it out.

I would like to have an Autoit script that creates a folder and sets the permissions on the folder. Basically take away inheritance while copying the settings that are already there and then adding everyone read.

Here's what I've got:

DirCreate ("D:\Users")

;Run ('\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on "D:\Users" -ot file -actn setprot -op "dacl:p_c;sacl:nc" -rec no')

Run ('\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on "D:\Users" -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:Authenticated Users;m:revoke" -ace "n:everyone;p:read"')

Filecopy ("C:\Users\*.*", "D:\Users\", 9)

I don't get any errors, but it doesn't do what I want. Can somebody please help?

thanks!

Try this:

;Run ('\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on "D:\Users" -ot file -actn setprot -op "dacl:p_c;sacl:nc" -rec no')
Run ("cmd.exe /c " & "\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on " & "D:\Users " & "-ot file -actn ace -ace " & "n:Authenticated Users;m:revoke " & "-ace " & "n:everyone;p:read")

I dont know right execution syntax from cli for SetACL.exe.

So if it didn`t worka please give me right execution syntax from cmd.exe for SetACL.exe

Is this right execution ?

\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on D:\Users -ot file -actn ace -ace n:Authenticated Users;m:revoke -ace n:everyone;p:read
[size="5"] [/size]

Hi All,

What I'm trying to do will probably be way easy, but I haven't figured it out.

I would like to have an Autoit script that creates a folder and sets the permissions on the folder. Basically take away inheritance while copying the settings that are already there and then adding everyone read.

Here's what I've got:

Run ('\\mavts003\software$\software\setacl\SetACL.exe -on "D:\Users" -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:Authenticated Users;m:revoke" -ace "n:everyone;p:read"')

I don't get any errors, but it doesn't do what I want. Can somebody please help?

thanks!

The first Run() is commented out, so not an issue here?

Does the second one work if you copy/paste that directly to a command line console (without the outer single quotes), using the same account that the script runs under?

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi!

Thanks for the replies!! By running the cmd, I could see that the network drive wasn't being found. I copied setacl local and ran it local and it works! Now I'm just having problems with the syntax for setacl and removing the authenticated users. Thanks for the help!