FileSystemMonitor UDF

seangriffin

Hi,

Seems this script not working for me, or better to say not working what i need.

I need to monitoring a single folder ( Like C:Test, not all the HDD ), without subfolder, for check it out if new files added ( only files, don't need folder ) and if yes i'd like a simply ConsoleWrite. Nothing else.

Someone can post an example? I don't need ant GUI or something.

Thanks ;)

EDIT: Solved, stupid thing, sorry

Edited by johnmcloud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <FileSystemMonitor.au3>

$Title = "Window Title"

$Gui = GUICreate ($Title,600,200)
GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",5,0,510,115)
$Listview = _GUICtrlListView_Create ($Gui,"Backups",10,10,500,100)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW,$Gui)
While 1
   $MSG = GUIGetMsg()
   If $MSG = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

FileSystemMonitor.au3"(287,74) : error: _FileSysMonActionEvent(): undefined function.

What am i doing wrong ? I have not called any functions yet of this UDF and its already failing. Do i need to include something ?

• Moderators

tonycst,

You need to define the _FileSysMonActionEvent function within your own script - this is the function called by the UDF when an event occurs and you need to determine what happens in that case as it will vary depending on the script. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

sorry for the grave digging, but I'm looking for a way to see, in real time and without too much CPU and memory load, what happen to the files in a folder of my server.

The library in this topic work well, but not for the deletion and addition of files (they doesn't seem to be seemed by the program) when I use the File System Monitor proposed as an example.

My guess is that, in Windows 7 and next versions, the "addresses" aren't the good ones :

Case 0
            $fs_event.item(Hex(0x00000001)) = "file added to the directory|FILE_ACTION_ADDED"
            $fs_event.item(Hex(0x00000002)) = "file removed from the directory|FILE_ACTION_REMOVED"
            $fs_event.item(Hex(0x00000003)) = "file was modified|FILE_ACTION_MODIFIED"
            $fs_event.item(Hex(0x00000004)) = "file was renamed old name|FILE_ACTION_RENAMED_OLD_NAME"
            $fs_event.item(Hex(0x00000005)) = "file was renamed new name|FILE_ACTION_RENAMED_NEW_NAME"

When I try to look after the $fs_event value, it show me "1","2","3" in the middle of "true" values as "0x00000001", "0x00040000" etc.).

Could you help me on this matter ?

Thank you in advance ;)

GhostLine:

When you say "files in a folder on my server", do you mean things like media, or system files?  Just curious, as I would personally design the 2 ideas rather differently...

Anyway, I have not used this UDF but I think I would just use _FileListToArrayRec in an AblibRegister'd function to run every 10-15 seconds, seems real-time enough for me.  Run _FileListToArrayRec and save the array, run again to a temporary array, and then use _ArraySearch to find duplicate entries.  What is not found in the previous array is new, deleted would go the other way around.  You could then add things like time stamps, file sizes, even MD5 hashes if it meets your needs, for the comparison of the files to look for changes.  A simple GUI with a continuous ListBox could work for simple ongoing output of changes found, though the ways to display the output could go so many ways.  Also saving the file array to a file/SQLite could be nice for persistence after reboots of the machine doing the monitoring..........

Just thinking out loud about your question, hopefully this gives you a few ideas.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

Hi !

My exact problem is taht I've to watch my filesystem for curious behaviors, like suddent files deleting, during the execution of a very ressource demanding program.

As you can guess, that's why I've to know the name, timestamp (and eventually name of the deleter process), but this UDF only show me if a file is modified or if the size of a folder vary. I don't have any indication of a new file with a specific message, nor the deletion.

Thanks for your concern ! ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi bobmcrae , i was curious about this monitoring system, I use the WMI query for folders with 10000+ files, and I use a custom made sqllite approach for folders with few hundreds files, for performance reasons.

But I want to ask you, you use this UDF in the original version (dated 2010..) with no issues ? Is it reliable ?

Cheers,

• 2 years later...

Hi,

is there any newer version available? I try to run the script on WIn10 x64 with AutoIt 3.3.14.5, unfortunately without success yet. The program crashes with:

!>23:53:09 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

I did some research and it seems that the parameters of some DLL-calls must be changed. Unfortunately it wasn't possible to me yet to create a running version of the UDF...

Note: I modified the MOD version from ...

#include-once

#cs
    Title:           File System Monitoring UDF Library for AutoIt3
    Filename:          FileSystemMonitor.au3
    Description:     A collection of functions for monitoring the Windows File System
    Author:           seangriffin
    Version:          V0.4
    Last Update:     02/05/10
    Requirements:     AutoIt3 3.2 or higher
#ce

#AutoIt3Wrapper_au3check_parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

; #INCLUDES# =========================================================================================================
#include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>

; #GLOBAL VARIABLES# =================================================================================================
Global $pFSM_DirEvents, $pFSM_Dir, $pFSM_Overlapped, $tFSM_FNI, $pFSM_Buffer, $sFSM_Filename, $aFSM_Register, $iFSM_Buffersize, $tFSM_Overlapped
Global $tFSM_Buffer, $tFSM_DirEvents, $iFSM_DirEvents, $hFSM_Event, $hFSM_ShellMonGUI = GUICreate("")

; #FUNCTION# ;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........: _FileSysMonSetup()
; Description ...: Setup File System Monitoring.
; Syntax.........: _FileSysMonSetup($iMonitor_Type = 3, $sDirMon_Path = "C:\", $sShellMon_Path = "")
; Parameters ....: $iMonitor_Type - Optional: The type of monitoring to use.
;                      1 = directory monitoring only
;                      2 = shell monitoring only
;                      3 = both directory and shell monitoring
;                  $sDirMon_Path - Optional: The path to use for directory monitoring.
;                      The path "C:\" is used if one isn't provided.
;                  $sShellMon_Path - Optional: The path to use for shell monitoring.
;                      The blank path is used if one isn't provided. This
;                      denotes that system-wide shell events will be monitored.
; Return values .: On Success            - Returns True.
;                  On Failure            - Returns False.
; Author ........: seangriffin
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: A call to this function should be inserted in a script prior to calling other
;                  functions in this UDF.  Ideally the function should be placed before
;                  the main message loop in a GUI-based script.
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Yes
; ;==========================================================================================
Func _FileSysMonSetup($iMonitor_Type = 3, $sDirMon_Path = "C:\", $sShellMon_Path = "")

If BitAnd($iMonitor_Type, 1) Then ; Setup the Directory Event Handler
        Local $sdir = $sDirMon_Path
        $tFSM_Buffer = DllStructCreate("byte[4096]")
        $pFSM_Buffer = DllStructGetPtr($tFSM_Buffer)
        $iFSM_Buffersize = DllStructGetSize($tFSM_Buffer)
        $tFSM_FNI = 0
        $pFSM_Dir = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "Str", $sdir, "Int", 0x1, "Int", BitOR(0x1, 0x4, 0x2), "ptr", 0, "int", 0x3, "int", BitOR(0x2000000, 0x40000000), "int", 0)
        $pFSM_Dir = $pFSM_Dir[0]
        $tFSM_Overlapped = DllStructCreate("Uint OL1;Uint OL2; Uint OL3; Uint OL4; hwnd OL5")
        For $i = 1 To 5
            DllStructSetData($tFSM_Overlapped, $i, 0)
        Next
        $pFSM_Overlapped = DllStructGetPtr($tFSM_Overlapped)
        $tFSM_DirEvents = DllStructCreate("hwnd DirEvents")
        $pFSM_DirEvents = DllStructGetPtr($tFSM_DirEvents)

Local $hFSM_Event = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateEvent", "UInt", 0, "Int", True, "Int", False, "UInt", 0)
        If @error Then ConsoleWrite("DLLCall(CreateEvent) --> @error = " & @error & @CRLF)
        If Not IsArray($hFSM_Event) Then ConsoleWrite("Err: Returned array expected from DLLCall(CreateEvent)" & @CRLF)

DllStructSetData($tFSM_Overlapped, 5, $hFSM_Event[0])
        If @error Then ConsoleWrite("DllStructSetData($tFSM_Overlapped) --> @error = " & @error & @CRLF)

DllStructSetData($tFSM_DirEvents, 1, $hFSM_Event[0])
        If @error Then ConsoleWrite("DllStructSetData($tFSM_DirEvents) --> @error = " & @error & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite("FSM_Log_1" & @CRLF)

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "Int", "ReadDirectoryChangesW", "hwnd", $pFSM_Dir, "ptr", $pFSM_Buffer, "dword", $iFSM_Buffersize, _
            "bool", False, "dword", BitOR(0x1, 0x2, 0x4, 0x8, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x100), "PTR", 0, "PTR", $pFSM_Overlapped, "PTR", 0)
        ConsoleWrite("FSM_Log_2" & @CRLF)
        If @error Then ConsoleWrite("DLLCall(ReadDirectoryChangesW) --> @error = " & @error & @CRLF)

$sFSM_Filename = ""
    EndIf

If BitAND($iMonitor_Type, 2) Then ; Setup the Shell Event Handler
        ; Register a window message to associate an AutoIT function with the change notification events
        Local $aRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "uint", "RegisterWindowMessageW", "wstr", "shchangenotifymsg")
        If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
        Local $SHNOTIFY = $aRet[0]
        GUIRegisterMsg($SHNOTIFY, "_FileSysMonShellEventHandler")
        ; Setup the structure for registering the gui to receive shell notifications
        If StringCompare($sShellMon_Path, "") <> 0 Then
            Local $ppidl = DllCall("shell32.dll", "ptr", "ILCreateFromPath", "wstr", $sShellMon_Path)
        EndIf
        Local $shnotifystruct = DllStructCreate("ptr pidl; int fRecursive")
            DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "pidl", $ppidl[0])
        Else
            DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "pidl", 0)
        EndIf
        DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "fRecursive", 0)
        ; Register the gui to receive shell notifications
        $aFSM_Register = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "SHChangeNotifyRegister", "hwnd", $hFSM_ShellMonGUI, "int", BitOR(0x0001, 0x0002), "long", 0x7FFFFFFF, "uint", $SHNOTIFY, "int", 1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($shnotifystruct))
            DllCall("ole32.dll", "none", "CoTaskMemFree", "ptr", $ppidl[0])
        EndIf
    EndIf

Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_FileSysMonSetup

; #FUNCTION# ;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........: _FileSysMonSetDirMonPath()
; Description ...: Change the path of Directory Monitoring
; Syntax.........: _FileSysMonSetDirMonPath($sDirMon_Path = "C:\")
; Parameters ....: $sDirMon_Path - Optional: The path to use for directory monitoring.
;                      The path "C:\" is used if one isn't provided.
; Return values .: On Success - Returns True.
;                  On Failure - Returns False.
;
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: For an unknown reason, after this function is called the
;
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; ;==========================================================================================
Func _FileSysMonSetDirMonPath($sDirMon_Path = "C:\")

Local $sdir = $sDirMon_Path
    $pFSM_Dir = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "Str", $sdir, "Int", 0x1, "Int", BitOR(0x1, 0x4, 0x2), "ptr", 0, "int", 0x3, "int", BitOR(0x2000000, 0x40000000), "int", 0)
    $pFSM_Dir = $pFSM_Dir[0]
    For $i = 1 To 5
        DllStructSetData($tFSM_Overlapped, $i, 0)
    Next
    Local $hFSM_Event = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateEvent", "UInt", 0, "Int", True, "Int", False, "UInt", 0)
    DllStructSetData($tFSM_Overlapped, 5, $hFSM_Event[0])
    DllStructSetData($tFSM_DirEvents, 1, $hFSM_Event[0])
    DllCall("kernel32.dll", "Int", "ReadDirectoryChangesW", "hwnd", $pFSM_Dir, "ptr", $pFSM_Buffer, "dword", $iFSM_Buffersize, "int", False, "dword", BitOR(0x1, 0x2, 0x4, 0x8, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x100), "Uint", 0, "Uint", $pFSM_Overlapped, "Uint", 0)

Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_FileSysMonSetDirMonPath

;
; Name...........: _FileSysMonSetShellMonPath()
; Description ...: Change the path of Shell Monitoring
; Syntax.........: _FileSysMonSetShellMonPath($sDirMon_Path = "")
; Parameters ....: $sDirMon_Path    - Optional: The path to use for shell monitoring.
;                      The path "" is used if one isn't provided.
;
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
;
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
Func _FileSysMonSetShellMonPath($sShellMon_Path = "")

; De-Register the gui from receiving shell notifications
    DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "SHChangeNotifyDeregister", "ulong", $aFSM_Register[0])
    ; Register a window message to associate an AutoIT function with the change notification events
    ;Local $SHNOTIFY = _WinAPI_RegisterWindowMessage("shchangenotifymsg")
    Local $aRet = DllCall("user32.dll", "uint", "RegisterWindowMessageW", "wstr", "shchangenotifymsg")
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    Local $SHNOTIFY = $aRet[0]
    GUIRegisterMsg($SHNOTIFY, "_FileSysMonShellEventHandler")
    ; Setup the structure for registering the gui to receive shell notifications
        Local $ppidl = DllCall("shell32.dll", "ptr", "ILCreateFromPath", "wstr", $sShellMon_Path)
    EndIf
    Local $shnotifystruct = DllStructCreate("ptr pidl; int fRecursive")
        DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "pidl", $ppidl[0])
    Else
        DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "pidl", 0)
    EndIf
    DllStructSetData($shnotifystruct, "fRecursive", 0)
    ; Register the gui to receive shell notifications
    $aFSM_Register = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "SHChangeNotifyRegister", "hwnd", $hFSM_ShellMonGUI, "int", BitOR(0x0001, 0x0002), "long", 0x7FFFFFFF, "uint", $SHNOTIFY, "int", 1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($shnotifystruct))
        DllCall("ole32.dll", "none", "CoTaskMemFree", "ptr", $ppidl[0])
    EndIf

Return True

EndFunc   ;==>_FileSysMonSetShellMonPath

;
; Name...........: _FileSysMonDirEventHandler()
; Description ...: Monitors the file system for changes to a given directory.  If a change event occurs,
;                      the user-defined "_FileSysMonActionEvent" function is called.
; Syntax.........: _FileSysMonDirEventHandler()
; Parameters ....: none
;
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: This function utilises the "ReadDirectoryChangesW" Win32 operating system function to
;                  monitor the a directory for changes.
;
;                  The ReadDirectoryChangesW function appears to queue events, such that whenever
;                  it is called, all unprocessed events are retrieved one at a time.
;
;                  The function "_FileSysMonSetup" must be called, with a $iMonitor_Type
;                  of either 1 or 3, prior to calling this    function.
;
;                  A call to this function should be inserted within the main message loop of a GUI-based script.
;
;                  A user-defined function to action the events is required to be created by the user
;                  in the calling script, and must be defined as follows:
;
;                  Func _FileSysMonActionEvent($event_type, $event_id, $event_value)
;
;                  EndFunc
;
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
Func _FileSysMonDirEventHandler()

Local $aRet, $iOffset, $nReadLen, $tStr, $iNext, $ff

$aRet = DllCall("User32.dll", "dword", "MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx", "dword", 1, "ptr", $pFSM_DirEvents, "dword", 100, "dword", 0x4FF, "dword", 0x6)

If $aRet[0] = 0 Then
        $iOffset = 0
        $nReadLen = 0

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "Uint", "GetOverlappedResult", "hWnd", $pFSM_Dir, "Uint", $pFSM_Overlapped, "UInt*", $nReadLen, "Int", True)
        While 1
            $tFSM_FNI = DllStructCreate("dword Next;dword Action;dword FilenameLen", $pFSM_Buffer + $iOffset)
            $tStr = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & DllStructGetData($tFSM_FNI, "FilenameLen") / 2 & "]", $pFSM_Buffer + $iOffset + 12)
            $sFSM_Filename = DllStructGetData($tStr, 1)
            _FileSysMonActionEvent(0, DllStructGetData($tFSM_FNI, "Action"), $sFSM_Filename)
            $iNext = DllStructGetData($tFSM_FNI, "Next")
            If $iNext = 0 Then ExitLoop
            $iOffset += $iNext
        WEnd
        $ff = DllStructGetData($tFSM_Overlapped, 5)
        DllCall("kernel32.dll", "Uint", "ResetEvent", "UInt", $ff)
        DllCall("kernel32.dll", "Int", "ReadDirectoryChangesW", "hwnd", $pFSM_Dir, "ptr", $pFSM_Buffer, "dword", $iFSM_Buffersize, "int", False, "dword", BitOR(0x1, 0x2, 0x4, 0x8, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x100), "Uint", 0, "Uint", $pFSM_Overlapped, "Uint", 0)
    EndIf

Return True

EndFunc   ;==>_FileSysMonDirEventHandler

;
; Name...........: _FileSysMonShellEventHandler()
; Description ...: Monitors the file system for shell events.
; Syntax.........: _FileSysMonShellEventHandler()
; Parameters ....: $hWnd   - The Window handle of the GUI in which the message appears.
;                  $iMsg    - The Windows message ID.
;                  $wParam - The first message parameter as hex value.
;                  $lParam - The second message parameter as hex value.
;
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: If a directory was provided in "_FileSysMonSetup" then only events in
;                  that directory will be caught.  If no directory was provided, then
;                  system-wide events will be caught.
;
;                  This function utilises the "SHChangeNotifyRegister" Win32 operating system functionality
;                  monitor a system or directory for changes relating to the Windows shell.
;
;                  The function "_FileSysMonSetup" must be called, with a $iMonitor_Type
;                  of either 2 or 3, prior to calling this    function.
;
;                  A call to this function is not required.  It is triggered automatically
;                  for each new shell event.
;
;                  A user-defined function to action the events is required to be created by the user
;                  in the calling script, and must be defined as follows:
;
;                  Func _FileSysMonActionEvent($event_type, $event_id, $event_value)
;
;                  EndFunc
;
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
Func _FileSysMonShellEventHandler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg

Local $tDestination, $wHighBit, $strData

Local $tPath = DllStructCreate("dword dwItem1; dword dwItem2", $wParam)
;~  Local $tPath = DllStructCreate("USHORT cb;BYTE abID[1]", $wParam)

; Crash happens here
    Local $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "SHGetPathFromIDList", "ptr", DllStructGetData($tPath, "dwItem1"), "str", $strData)
;~  Local $aRet[3] = [ "","","" ]
;~  $aRet[2] = _WinAPI_ShellGetPathFromIDList ( $wParam )
    ; Get the drive for which free space has changed
    If $lParam = 0x00040000 Then
        $tDestination = DllStructCreate("long")
        DllCall("kernel32.dll", "none", "RtlMoveMemory", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tDestination), "ptr", (DllStructGetData($tPath, "dwItem1") + 2), "int", 4) ; CopyMemory
        $wHighBit = Int(Log(DllStructGetData($tDestination, 1)) / Log(2))
        $aRet[2] = Chr(65 + $wHighBit)
    EndIf
    If $lParam <> 0x00000002 And $lParam <> 0x00000004 Then ; FILE_ACTION_ADDED & FILE_ACTION_REMOVED skipped due to a deadlock with Directory_Event_Handler()
        _FileSysMonActionEvent(1, $lParam, $aRet[2])
    EndIf

Return True

EndFunc   ;==>_FileSysMonShellEventHandler

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Taneeda said:

I can't get them working

What's not working? Without some idea where you are failing it's hard to help you. Also post the code you're using, or a reproducer script that shows the problem.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

See my post above with the code file included...

The DllXXX() calls must be adjusted in any way

On 10/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, Taneeda said:

Can anybody help with the DllStruct...() calls? At the moment, there is the problem. ...unfortunately I didn't found helpful documentation for that :/

At last, I tried to modify the Dll...() calls within ...

On 9/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, Taneeda said:

Func _FileSysMonShellEventHandler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

... but It wasn't yet able to me to get the code running.

It seems, that the API of the related windows sdk function within the called dlls have changed over the last years...

• 3 weeks later...