Checking for (Default) with RegRead

For some reason, I can't get @error to return 0 when I do RegRead('RegKey', ''). The key definitely exists, and the documentation/forum says to use '' for (Default). I simply want to check for the existence of a key that contains other keys, for example, CurrentVersion. If I specify a value that exists, @error will return 0 (which is good), but '' always returns -1 even if the key exists.

Any ideas on why this won't work for me? Thanks.

Well, some of the registry keys I'm checking for do not have subkeys. So unfortunately, I can't use RegEnumKey. I've tried the beta AutoIt, current, and 3.1.0, and they always give me an @error of not 0 regardless of whether the key exists or not.

$check = RegRead($regkey, "")

$regkey being the path to the key.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I cannot reproduce your problem :(

the following code work as design

$regkey="HKCR\.2bp"
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~13','Selection:' & @lf & '$check' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $check & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error & @lf & @lf & '@Extended:' & @lf & @Extended);### Debug MSGBOX
$regkey="HKCR\.2bp1"
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~13','Selection:' & @lf & '$check' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $check & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error & @lf & @lf & '@Extended:' & @lf & @Extended);### Debug MSGBOX

I'm now having it check the registry using RegEnumVal and RegEnumKey. This combination works great. Thanks for all the help :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recheck you get 2 different @error -1 if the default is not set and 1 if the key is not defined as stated in the doc :(