Missing FileOpenDialog / FileSaveDialog

ReFran

Hello,

thanks for the AutoITX.dll, which is likeley the often remarked dll in the WSH/VBS forums. With the new dll I have hoped to find the FileOpenDialog/FileSaveDialog, because in WSH/VBS is no reliable way to multiselect files. I know there are many other DLLs on the market, but because I use AutoIT.dll already it would be fine to work with one standard dll. Would be also more easy for distribution.

Are there plans to integrate this feature from AutoIT3 or did I overread something?

Best regards, Reinhard

Hello,

thanks for the AutoITX.dll, which is likeley the often remarked dll in the WSH/VBS forums. With the new dll I have hoped to find the FileOpenDialog/FileSaveDialog, because in WSH/VBS is no reliable way to multiselect files. I know there are many other DLLs on the market, but because I use AutoIT.dll already it would be fine to work with one standard dll. Would be also more easy for distribution.

Are there plans to integrate this feature from AutoIT3 or did I overread something?

Best regards, Reinhard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have always plans :-)

However, the author of AutoItX/AutoIt.dll can't currently spend his time in development. A small group of developers have 'taken over' AutoIt3.exe for the time being, but they don't have the source code to the 'X' version.

Until further notice you are unfortunately stuck with the WSH/VBS Filedialogs...

HINT: you could take a look at the "MSComDlg.CommonDialog" object as an alternative. I have used that one before in VBS.

Regards,

-Sven

We have always plans :-)

However, the author of AutoItX/AutoIt.dll can't currently spend his time in development.  A small group of developers have 'taken over' AutoIt3.exe for the time being, but they don't have the source code to the 'X' version. 

Until further notice you are unfortunately stuck with the WSH/VBS Filedialogs...

HINT: you could take a look at the "MSComDlg.CommonDialog" object as an alternative. I have used that one before in VBS.

Regards,

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for you feedback Sven,

it would be fine if it can be done sometime, because there is no real solution in WSH/VBS, only workarounds, mostly only to select one file or third parties dlls.

The "MSComDlg.CommonDialog" can not be used from scripting direct. It will only be free if you have an Application or some MS-Developer tools, like VBE on your computer.

However, using AutoIT3, I can write a EXE to use FileOpen/FileSaveDialog via $CmdLine (Arguments) and Txt-Files. Or, perhaps, I should write more direct in Au3.

Best regards, Reinhard

If you know the 'trick' how do it, you can :-)

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouh,

never heard/read of something like that. On my Desktop I got it "licenced" for some unknow reasons, on my notebook not.

I would like to test the "trick" for you.

Reinhard

Wouh,

never heard/read of something like that. On my Desktop I got it "licenced" for some unknow reasons, on my notebook not.

I would like to test the "trick" for you.

Reinhard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See the attached VBscript. (You need to rename the file to dialog.vbs, to run it).

Regards,

-Sven

dialog.txt

See the attached VBscript. (You need to rename the file to dialog.vbs, to run it).

Regards,

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works Great. I've to play a little bit with that. Attached you will find my workaround. VBS with a html GUI. It's slow, but a nice Demo. Rename it to VBS. You can use Double-Click on Files and Folders like in normal Explorer.

Today I would write in AutoIT (with a little bit more experience).

Thank you, Reinhard

SelFLD1.txt

Edited by ReFran