Au3Irrlicht 2.0

JRowe

I'm using something like this to emit Cannon particles smoke for my ship

Func ParticleEject($abv, $abd)
    $ParticleEjectPOS = _IrrGetNodeAbsolutePosition($abd)
    $SmokeEmitter = __CreateParticleSettings(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 13, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255, 200, 500, 1.0, 1.0, 2.0, 2.0, 15)
    $SmokeParticles = _IrrAddParticleSystemToScene($IRR_DEFAULT_EMITTER, $abv, -1, -1, -1, -1, 0, 0, $RotationAngle)
    _IrrAddAnimatedMeshSceneNodeEmitter($SmokeParticles, $abv, True, 0.15, False, $SmokeEmitter)
    _IrrSetNodeMaterialTexture($SmokeParticles, $ParticleTexture, 0)
    _IrrSetNodeMaterialFlag($SmokeParticles, $IRR_EMF_LIGHTING, $IRR_OFF)
    _IrrSetNodeMaterialType($SmokeParticles, $IRR_EMT_TRANSPARENT_VERTEX_ALPHA)
    _IrrAddFadeOutParticleAffector($SmokeParticles, 2000, 16, 8, 0)
    _IrrAddFadeAnimator($SmokeParticles, 200, 0)
    $particlePOS = _IrrGetNodeAbsolutePosition($abv);personal need to check for correct pos
    _IrrAddParticleAttractionAffector($SmokeParticles, $ParticleEjectPOS[0], $ParticleEjectPOS[1], $ParticleEjectPOS[2], 40, $IRR_REPEL)
EndFunc   ;==>ParticleEject

i'm using this for for ship in movement where particle is affected with speed of movement and current angle

note that __CreateParticleSettings have in it settings for minimum and maximum number of particles that will be created each second, look at help file for more info.

If you still can't solve problem, post some small replicator script with that error so that someone can look at it.

as for blood explosions i never tryed to make that so i even don't know where to start :oops:

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

• 1 month later...

Hey. I have built some model editing graphical program's with GDI+ and since finding this wrapper have been considering converting to using Irrlicht. I have played with A. Percy's stuff and in particular the function for embedding the graphics window into an autoit GUI is very appealing. Is there a way to do it with Irrlicht2? I'm guessing it will need adding to the driver if not and this is beyond my capabilities. I really like the autoit GUI layout and would prefer to convert my program to look similar. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have accomplished it with child and parent GUIs but would prefer to use just 1

• 5 months later...

hi

nice

GUI: Image, EditBox, ListBox, Window, Text, IrrFonts

need some more material for to develop a GUI

GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") how?

how is change font

this character ş,ı ,ğ dont show .how?

exam

$Radio1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio1", 136, 144, 41, 33)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", 200, 104, 137, 121)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$TreeView1 = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(120, 32, 137, 81)

$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(240, 264, 145, 121)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
$Date1 = GUICtrlCreateDate("2012/10/04 14:49:34", 32, 48, 81, 89)
$MonthCal1 = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal("2012/10/04", 56, 208, 145, 113)
$Progress1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(392, 184, 193, 41)
$Slider1 = GUICtrlCreateSlider(432, 264, 169, 73)
$ToolBar1 = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create($Form1, 0)
$Graphic1 = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(424, 312, 177, 81)
$Dummy1 = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

a little more

ı think , need to make GUI Au3Irrlicht 2.0 formdesigner

Do you think ,like koda formdesigner

thank you now

Edited by mesale0077

I just realized, I haven't properly thanked you, the creator of Au3Irrlicht. Because of your work, I am finally able to create 3D games!!! C++, Java, etc. I find are too difficult to learn/test bla, bla, bla. But AutoIt is a very logical, simple, well compact (I hate how those other languages need a million files), so I can make pretty complex things in little time compared to those other languages. Currently, I'm working on two full 3D games, and I wouldn't be able to do it without these magnificent libraries.

So, thanks a million!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have a bug report, perhaps you can help me?

I've already tried contacting the actually Irrlicht community about this and so far, no dice.

The glitch is: if you attach nodes to bones on another animated object AND that animated object has a set transition time, then when you move the node, for example: when the player walks, the positions of the attached nodes don't update quickly enough, and so everything comes apart.

I have images to show what I'm talking about:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can somebody please help? I have tried over and over to fix this, but nothing is working.

can you post some small replicator?

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

can you post some small replicator?

Perhaps when I get some spare time. All it would be is 2 models, one of which is animated and moving each frame, and the other model is parenting to one of the bones on the first model, also, you need _IrrSetTransitionTime() on the moving model, otherwise, it may or may not happen.

EDIT: Ok, so I managed to whip up an example of what I'm talking about.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4du85s42mf6dbip

As you speed up, notice the location of the object on the arm in comparison to the object on the head. The head object stays in the same location when the arm object begins to shift to the side away from the arm. THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT WANT. I want the object on the arm to stay in the same place the entire time. How can I fix this?

Edited by Rux

yes (well it's more lik workaround), guess scene drawing on bones is late one frame

call drawing the scene like this

_IrrDrawScene() ;Draw the scene.
_IrrAnimateJoints($animatednode) ;Animate the animated mesh so that _IrrSetTransitionTime() can work.
_IrrBeginScene(55, 55, 55) ;Begin the scene.
_IrrEndScene() ;End the scene.

so we gonna double draw the scene on nothing so that bone will have time to recalculate, that do mean lower FPS but if there arn't alot of complex object needed to draw your not gonna notice the fps drop.

I dont know if its Irr bug or wraper bug, but i know Irr had some problems with bones on 1.7.2 *that's the version wrapper is using. And i think they fixed it on 1.7.3 but we can't use that version cos wrapper development stopped.

On the other hand im playing with 1.7.3 for some time now, and if i ever figure out how to correctly load files (usage of path parametar for eg. meshes-textures) in irrlicht form autoit, than we can have all irrlicht funcs with no need or dependance of wrapper.

Edited by bogQ

I am excited for you BogQ. I've taken a break from Irrlitch because 2.0 being unfinished and I don't know much about it to fix the parts I need. I hope you find your solution and look forward to your revision when you do :)

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

yes (well it's more lik workaround), guess scene drawing on bones is late one frame

call drawing the scene like this

_IrrAnimateJoints($animatednode) ;Animate the animated mesh so that _IrrSetTransitionTime() can work.
_IrrBeginScene(55, 55, 55) ;Begin the scene.
_IrrEndScene() ;End the scene.

so we gonna double draw the scene on nothing so that bone will have time to recalculate, that do mean lower FPS but if there arn't alot of complex object needed to draw your not gonna notice the fps drop.

I dont know if its Irr bug or wraper bug, but i know Irr had some problems with bones on 1.7.2 *that's the version wrapper is using. And i think they fixed it on 1.7.3 but we can't use that version cos wrapper development stopped.

On the other hand im playing with 1.7.3 for some time now, and if i ever figure out how to correctly load files (usage of path parametar for eg. meshes-textures) in irrlicht form autoit, than we can have all irrlicht funcs with no need or dependance of wrapper.

Ok, I had to fiddle around with it, but I got it working, and it only seems a miniscule sized amount slower. There are not enough words in the English words for me to express my thanks for you solving this pain in the butt, seemingly solution-less problem. I thought I would have had to redo things, maybe even rewrite it in a different language to fix it.

Hopefully, you can fix this bug in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an error when using terrains larger than 2048², it crashes when trying 4096² graymaps and 8192² obviously.

"Runtime Error!

Program: d:ProjectsAutoIt3autoit3.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Is this an AutoIt or an IRRLicht limitation ?

/edit

I got 4gb ram and 896mb vram, so should be able to handle those sizes.

/edit

This when using _IrrAddTerrain, the below post is about _IrrAddTerrainTile, just to get that clear. :)

Edited by Werty

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

Also there seems to be a bug with _irrAddTerrainTile, when adding a heightmap the map is mirrored, which can make it difficult to plan larger maps where you include and attach several tiles.

You can see it in example 63, you have to manually mirror the grayscale heightmap for it to look correct.

/edit

Also a possible bug with _irrAddTerrainTile when trying to use the "smooth terrain" option, it works when using _IrrAddTerrain, but not when using _IrrAddTerrainTile.

Edited by Werty

its open GL problem espetialy when using shaders, it efect every separate aplyed texture including textyre for fonts. You can finde alot of topics on it on irr forum. if i remamber correctly directx dont have that problem.

Why smooth doesnt work directly in that func, only Frank Dodd can know. As far as dllcall related, its calling it correctly.

Suggestion is, use blur in photoshop ;).

edit:

as for large textyres, yes i think its irr limit, um using 2001 x 2001 for map that i need 6h of holding W key to from start to end, and ship speed is not like walking on ground, its faster :P. its lvl of detail is akceptable for my use and it eat up 800mb of my memory, so if you dont plan 6h of W i dont see why are you trying to use x8192

Edited by bogQ

its open GL problem espetialy when using shaders, it efect every separate aplyed texture including textyre for fonts. You can finde alot of topics on it on irr forum. if i remamber correctly directx dont have that problem.

Ahh, ok.

Why smooth doesnt work directly in that func, only Frank Dodd can know. As far as dllcall related, its calling it correctly.

Suggestion is, use blur in photoshop ;).

...or PaintShopPro as I do :D

edit:

as for large textyres, yes i think its irr limit, um using 2001 x 2001 for map that i need 6h of holding W key to from start to end, and ship speed is not like walking on ground, its faster :P. its lvl of detail is akceptable for my use and it eat up 800mb of my memory, so if you dont plan 6h of W i dont see why are you trying to use x8192

While you can use x512 or even x256 when making your own maps, and get good results, it's just not enough when using real world topography, then you need as much detail as possible or it will not look real enough, you cant make paths that runs next to a hillside unless you have enormous resolution.

I made an au3 script that makes real world heightmaps from Google Earth, while not huge resolution I can just make several from the same spot and put them side by side to make it larger.

The script:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The output, detail texture and heightmap.

For that I need high resolution :)

your trying to transfer from screanshot img to heightmap or something else?!

if you do from screanshot img its not your resolution problem, its your transfer problem, you can newer make acurate transfer just from screanshot img to make correct heightmaps.

this is one nice heightmap, the one from google dont look anything similar and i can hardly think you can get large enought details from google maps so that you can have detailed ilands like thisone.

Posted Image

maybe you shud finde some similar topics like thisone

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/904026-Is-it-possible-to-get-the-height-map-from-Google-Earth-for-importing-into-UDK

or try to get maps from other resources, cos the one on google are realy low lvl of precision

Edited by bogQ