Au3Irrlicht 2.0

JRowe

Hello BiliyomKi - nice, people fixing problems on themselves are the best ;) Nevertheless, I tried your first code without this error messages - instead a complete crash. Strange ... maybe different behaviour between Vista and XP?

Reason for crash is that the node names (Ground + pillar) were not in my animation.irr. Replacing with "valid" node names the irrlicht scene loads fine. Explains also why your second code is working: there are simply no invalid node names used.

Thanks by the way for pointing out the ability to create + load complete (animated) scenes from irrEdit!

Don't know very much about .pk3's, maybe somebody else can give more info? In the meantime: I played with this some time ago, and had some problems, too. One nice map ("Springfield" from the Simpsons as pk3 ;) ) was simply too big for the irrLicht engine. Another problem were maps referencing ressources (bitmaps) from an original quake installation.

Maybe you can try first if the map is ok for irrLicht itself by opening in irrEdit:

- extract the pk3 (it's a .zip in real)

- copy the included \textures to your irrEdit\textures

- load the \map\something as static mesh.

thank you so much for this answer :)

Andd.. 1 More question, is there a any chance to using half-life(*.bsp) or half-life 2(*.bsp) maps ?

Edited by BiliyomKi
An AutoIT user.

... and the other 80 examples ... Every one is covering a single aspect of the irrlicht engine with A LOT of commentation, from the necessary basics + concepts up to the cool things. Don't start reading the book from the last page!

BTW:

thank you so much for this answer ;)

Did you try what I suggested? What was the result?? Edited by linus

@JRowe: I know. ;)

@linus: Yes I tried.

If I try the load quake maps says that:

Loaded texture: textures/common/caulk
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7walldesign01b
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7steptop2
Loaded texture: noshader
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7dimfloor
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7brickfloor01
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7bmtrim
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7sbrickfloor
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7brnmetal
Loaded texture: textures/common/clip
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7beam02_red
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7swindow
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7bigwall
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7panelwood
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7beam01
Loaded texture: textures/gothic_floor/xstepborder5
Loaded texture: textures/liquids/lavahell
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7steptop
Loaded texture: textures/gothic_trim/metalblackwave01
Loaded texture: textures/stone/pjrock1
Loaded texture: textures/skies/tim_hell
Loaded texture: textures/common/hint
Loaded texture: models/mapobjects/timlamp/timlamp
Loaded texture: textures/sfx/flame1side
Loaded texture: textures/sfx/flame2
Loaded texture: models/mapobjects/gratelamp/gratetorch2
Loaded texture: models/mapobjects/gratelamp/gratetorch2b
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7walldesign01b.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7steptop2.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7dimfloor.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7brickfloor01.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7bmtrim.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7sbrickfloor.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7brnmetal.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7beam02_red.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7swindow.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7bigwall.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7panelwood.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7beam01.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/gothic_floor/xstepborder5.jpg
Loaded texture: textures/e7/e7steptop.jpg
Loaded mesh: 20kdm2.bsp
Polycount:9953

(And Its works, thanks...)

But the half-life maps:

Could not load .bsp file, unknown header.: 1hp.bsp
Could not load mesh, file format seems to be unsupported: 1hp.bsp

(Its really really small map)

Edited by BiliyomKi
An AutoIT user.

But the half-life maps:

Well, I still don't know much about this mesh type - but let's have a look onto what the engine tells: NOT SUPORTED FORMAT.

If you check out this (one of those info pages I mentioned in the _readme.txt, but has also been quoted here) or this, maybe also diggin' a little depper here and here, we found the answer: half-life.bsp != quake3.bsp, and the irrlicht engine supports only quake3.bsp.

Easy, wasn't it?

Edited by linus

Well, I still don't know much about this mesh type - but let's have a look onto what the engine tells: NOT SUPORTED FORMAT.

If you check out this (one of those info pages I mentioned in the _readme.txt, but has also been quoted here) or this, maybe also diggin' a little depper here and here, we found the answer: half-life.bsp != quake3.bsp, and the irrlicht engine supports only quake3.bsp.

Easy, wasn't it?

I asked, but jrowe says look the examples. Its means, irrlicht supports that.

Easy, wasn't it?

An AutoIT user.

Hello to all,

I would like to include a help file into next release of au3Irr2. Think I have prepared everything needed to create it automatically from the UDF, but of course functions will need an adequate header for this (same as for the standard UDF's of au3).

Why do i post this? Because I am not very motivated to do this all on my own - some helping hand(s) would be really nice!

It's definetly not a job for "gurus" but for "busy bees" with some experience. For all working functions (along the examples):

- copy&paste out of the freeBasic documentation into the UDF

- formatting according to the header rules

- Understanding the function

- Modify text where requied (e.g. for return values / differences bettween freeBasic/au3 version)

- Maybe adding a very short example

Think this is also a good way to work into the functions, and I did it for six functions: works well with TV + a beer ;)

If interested to help send me a PM to discuss details + how to organise.

Edited by linus

• 3 weeks later...

I have just uploaded the new release 2.0.3 to the Project Page. See wiki pages there for more info and changelog.

Includes structural changes, fixes, some additions, and introducing an online help which can also be integrated into the original au3 online help (so context sensitivity is available).

Don't expect a complete help - all working functions are in (so it can be used as a reference), but most have (yet) no deeper info about usage and parameters.

BTW: The request in the post above is still open ...

Edited by linus

• 3 weeks later...

You still have original Irrlicht Wrapper documentation, and there is original irr help file that you can download from their main site, the commands and their usage is not identical, but you can get some explanation until au3irrlicht have 100% working help file and the diffrance in Irrlicht Wrapper and au3irrlicht is _ infront command and in some rare cases return tupe that can b trached directly from udf.

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

this is really high tech script but it's getting really hard to do anything ;) the help files arent finished :/

hi Zibit,

... and it will not be for a long time (think I did now topics for around 60 functions - compared to > 220 available au3Irr2-functions, and completing is not really on top of my todo). But best way to start is anyway learning and understanding along the example files, where you can find almost every useable feature of the engine with detailed informations about usage. Currently help file is rather a reference (but I'll keep on working on it - promised ...)

BTW: Nice to see some more interest around au3Irr2 (instead of silent downloaders :) )

OK so I tried working on the .au3 end and adding a function i needed. Nameley the IrrGetNodeMesh Function. Unfortunateley it crashes when it I try to use it. I get the node via the _IrrGetSceneNodeFromName and I get the node successfully. Can Anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I need to get the meshes to add them to the scene collision, however I built them all within the .irr file.

Func _IrrGetNodeMesh ($h_Node)
; Get the mesh assiciated with a given node
    $result = DllCall($_irrDll, "ptr:cdecl", "IrrGetNodeMesh", "str", $h_Node)
    if @error Then
        Return Seterror(1,0,False)
    Else
        Return $result[0]
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_

EDIT: This is no longer crucial as I found that each mesh may be individualy loaded as they are saved individualy as .irrmesh files when exported via coppercube. However It would simplify things to get this function up and running.

EDIT2: Spelling

Edited by fireryblaze

Unfortunateley it crashes when it I try to use it.

Think it's because you pass the mesh node as string.
$result = DllCall($_irrDll, "ptr:cdecl", "IrrGetNodeMesh", "ptr", $h_Node)
should work. Can you please check if working correctly, then I add this function for next release.

Think it's because you pass the mesh node as string.

$result = DllCall($_irrDll, "ptr:cdecl", "IrrGetNodeMesh", "ptr", $h_Node)
should work. Can you please check if working correctly, then I add this function for next release.

I tried that however I am still getting a crash whenever I try to run it. PS Tomorrow's addition to my example is another teleporter...To a new lvl ;) time to get my code grinding on... after my 7 hour nap that is...Night everyone cya tomorrow Edited by fireryblaze

I tried that however I am still getting a crash whenever I try to run it.

Hm, tested your function (with corrected "ptr") and it works, so added also for next release. I would bet the value of your passed $h_Node is 0x00000000, correct?