Au3Irrlicht 2.0

JRowe

Hi,

Don't know why it won't work, but try setting the working directory to the res directory.. eg:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Irrlicht Wrapper for Imperative Languages - Freebasic Examples
; Frank Dodd (2006)
; Converted/modified for the au3Irr2 project by linus
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include "au3Irrlicht2.au3"
opt("MustDeclareVars", True)
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_exit")

Func _exit()
    _IrrStop()
    Exit
EndFunc ; _exit

DIM $BSPMesh
DIM $BSPNode
DIM $Camera

_IrrStart( $IRR_EDT_OPENGL, 800, 600, $IRR_BITS_PER_PIXEL_32, _
        $IRR_WINDOWED, $IRR_NO_SHADOWS, $IRR_IGNORE_EVENTS, $IRR_VERTICAL_SYNC_ON )

_IrrSetWindowCaption("Test")

_IrrChangeWorkingDirectory(".\res") ; set the working directory

$BSPMesh = _IrrGetMesh( "maps\20kdm2.bsp" )
$BSPNode = _IrrAddMeshToSceneAsOcttree( $BSPMesh )

$Camera = _IrrAddFPSCamera()
_IrrSetNodePosition($Camera, 1750, 149, 1369 )
_IrrSetNodeRotation($Camera, 4, -461.63, 0 )

_IrrHideMouse()

WHILE _IrrRunning()
    _IrrBeginScene( 0, 0, 0 )
    _IrrDrawScene()
    _IrrEndScene()
WEND
No need to manually load all the textures as the map file will tell Irrlicht to load the textures automatically.

Cheers

Edited by smashly

How can I use sketchup (.dae) files as a map?

And how do i export the textures for sketchup?

1) Start read following postings and finally

2) Sketchup creates texture dir together with mesh export - otherwise check export options.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to update but there's not to much I can do atm, as Linus hasn't been seen since November 22 and JRowe seems to have lost all interest in his own project.

Myself I would like Frank Dod to update his wrapper, but same again he just doesn't seem to have the time to update his wrapper.

I compiled the newer version of Irrlicht engine v1.7.2 and also compiled Franks wrapper with a couple of fixes, but Franks wrapper also needs updating to be fully compatible with the newer versions of Irrlicht engine.

I've alredy posted at Franks forum but until he updates his wrapper I have to stick with the older Irrlicht engine.

@smashly

JRowe did not lost all interest in his own project, his problem is probably life, the similar happend to A.Percy if im not wrong.

I dont see why you cant update project, its under GNU GPL if im not wrong. You can update it until JRowe or Linus come back or until they geave you right on googlecode page to merge code there, until than you still can use some other page to put updates and to keep users uptodate.

As far as Frank thats the problem with no solution :x, development of Au3Irrlicht 2.0 depends probably on Frank updates.

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Hi bogQ

I've already got the rights to add,edit, remove code from google code pages.

But to be truthful I don't feel confident enough to handle releasing a new release myself.

Help file needs to be recompiled to reflect minor updates, which I have no clue about compiling the helpfile.

Also there are changes I made that I wanted confirmed by Linus if they should be committed to the next release.

As this wasn't my project and I'm only a contributor I don't feel right just jumping the chain of command just because the license is GNU GPL.

I know if I took it on to do a release I'd more then likely make a mess of of it... lol

I'm sure soon enough Linus or JRowe will eventually get some time and supply a new release to satisfy everyone.

Fingers crossed :x

Haha i see linus on forum :x

Im nat talking about chain of command heare, im talking only about unstabile update until they come around and aprove it ^^

Ouh and its MIT not GNU GLP, thay r similar in my head

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

I'd like to update but there's not to much I can do atm, as Linus hasn't been seen since November 22 and JRowe seems to have lost all interest in his own project.

Hi smashly, still alive - and still too busy combined with same old thing we mailed about: not too much usage to see to feel motivation (again) to put those limited hours into it. Means CURRENTLY, not at all!

@bogQ: Yep; MIT - theoretically possible to create a branch. Also possible to join in - lot's of things open :x

Edited by linus

hiu linus,

Good to see your still alive! :x

Yep I can relate to exactly what your saying.

Most my time of late I've been gaming and not coding. (Fallout New Vegas is my flavor atm)

Let me know when you have time and feel motivated and I'll try and commit some time myself.

Cheers

@bogQ: Yep; MIT - theoretically possible to create a branch. Also possible to join in - lot's of things open :x

Im not talking about branch, i tought that he did not have rights to add new relise sry about misunderstanding :shifty:

I still don't get why they (irrlicht creators) did not make (export) funcs to dll in public way, it whud make everyones life easyer :P

Probably alot of work is needed to make something like that happend.

hiu linus,

Good to see your still alive! :nuke:

Yep I can relate to exactly what your saying.

Most my time of late I've been gaming and not coding. (Fallout New Vegas is my flavor atm)

Let me know when you have time and feel motivated and I'll try and commit some time myself.

Cheers

Well at least I have to find myself a free weekend to complete the 2.05 (your previous work on dev version + basic IrrKlang support + extending help for it + of course building the package). Maybe with some good-old-times-sunday-morning-coffee-disturbing :x At least January, I promise. And when seeing some cool things done with this baby, I am sure it will motivate to have also a look on some deeper things (e.g. .dll stuff)

BTW: Mine is not a game but a new sequencer - nothing better than doing a bad never finished track after a day of work :P )

@boqQ: nah - branch'ing was a joke - you know I prefer the team thing. And of course smashly has rights on the project - he did good things on help, examples and funcs (and gave me back some of those lost motivation). End of laudation :shifty:

Interest is not lost, at least on my end. It's simply the way I put together a program. Currently my proccess has taken me to focus more on getting models looking and working correctly to import into my project.

There was another user who has picked up using Irrlicht who asked a question the other day in general help. Although he found the answer on his own, he may have come up with a better 3rd person movement method as it doesn't require extra nodes. I will post it when I find it :x

*edit*

Hi, after 2 days i've gave up.

Problem is: i want to move a node forward by a keypress for example W. Well, moving on x+, x- or z+, z- is done. But i want to move node to forward. (Where it looking, facing at)

variables i got: node rotation, node speed, node x,y,z points.

Tried something like:

$NODE_X += (cos(($PI/360)*($NODE_YROTATION+90))*$MOVE_SPEED)

$NODE_Z += (cos(($PI/360)*($NODE_YROTATION+90))*$MOVE_SPEED)

bad idea? my math is FF btw.

Really waiting 4 your help.

Then later

well tnx 4 reply and your time.

But i've found the formula after 3 days

((Cos(direction degree * pi number / 180) * node movement speed))

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Yes there whas discution about that formula on chat part of forum if im not wrong long time ago, with picture that expalined the usage of formula.

You can see the formula on ItCopter by A. Percy

Func _Movecam( $distance, ByRef $EyeX, ByRef $EyeZ )
    $EyeX = -cos((2*$pi/360)*($rotation+90))*$distance
    $EyeZ = sin((2*$pi/360)*($rotation+90))*$distance
EndFunc

;adapted from TestWorld by zerozshadow
Func _Move( $speedgo, $rotation, ByRef $XPos, ByRef $ZPos, ByRef $DirectionX, ByRef $DirectionZ )
    Local $movex= -cos((2*$pi/360)*($rotation+90))*$speedgo
    Local $movez= sin((2*$pi/360)*($rotation+90))*$speedgo
    $DirectionX = $movex
    $DirectionZ = $movez
EndFunc

It all come down to whats easyer for you to use.

As for me, its easyer to use empty node for xyz directions :x

Edited by bogQ

I think it is easier to use extra nodes as well, however in the project I am working on I would like a free-floating camera and this method of movement would make sense for that.

Unfortunately, my math is not past algebra :x

(I have a real hard time with math)

• 2 months later...

If your looking for new funcs the development of udf depends on update from Frank Dodd on freebasic forum.

If you have problems with current version maby someone heare can help you with quick fix if you post your problem and if its doable from AutoIt side.

Hi,

I still keep an eye on Frank Dods thread and hope at some point he posts an updated version of his wrapper.

When he does I'll go back to working on the public release of Au3Irrlicht, but it's not looking that promising atm.

But I have noticed there are a couple of ppl in Franks thread still submitting fixes and functions so you just never know.

I've recompiled Frank's Wrtapper 0.7.7 with a few mods/fixes and compiled Irrlicht 1.7.2 with DX 7, 8, 9 and 10 support (DX 10 suppurt is still very experimental and problematic atm), but I really need Franks wrapper to be updated to continue any further.

Other things I've also started looking into is networking, AI and physics support, but that's another whole can of worms.

Cheers

I placed my project on hold for a bit (taking a break) and was just thinking the other day of getting back to it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with as far as networking, AI and physics :)