Au3Irrlicht 2.0

JRowe

That is the correct way to do it! thank you.

EDIT: Can you edit the Example Launcher script, adding a #vbecause i got Win7 and i cant merge the help file,

second thing.. How do you merge the help files? i put that question here

Hi monoscout999,

adding requireadmin would also mean no more chance to run examples as non-admin. Not a good idea. Admin rights are only needed one time to merge the help - so why not right-click and "run as admin"?

Merging help files requires re-compiling of the original autoit help file. Nothing to explain in two lines, but if really interested you can dig yourself into it: all required files, scripts and some readme is on the project page.

Hi bogQ,

#include "au3Irr2_constants.au3" to b removed from all the sub inclyde scripts becase its enought to inclyde it one time only in au3Irrlicht2.au3 main UDF.

Reason to include constants.au3 in every sub-include again was to allow usage of only some of the au3Irr2 sub-includes instead of everything (as done by the main include). But at top of constants.au3 there is an "#includeOnce", so in fact constants are only included one time when compiling.

original wraper help file for undocumented funcs is still needed becase in help file there still are some important funcs that don`t have description, can you add as part of package?

Not sure what you mean - original help files ARE included (see "freeBasic wrapper docs" in au3Irr2 help file)?

to add #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n - return error on @AutoItX64

As monoscout999 already tolded and Example Launcher script need recompiling after adding #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n

dono if it's good idea to add #RequireAdmin in include

Hm, better handling of 64 bit was one thing on my todo for final 2.05. Amongst other things ... Problem since months: completely no time for this (too much family, too much job, too much other things).

Don't know if or when it will change ... So don't know what's best for au3Irr2 -

Hope for better times ...

Leave it completely to others (JRowe seems to be definetly out, but maybe smashly, or ...) ...

Retire as some kind of release provider (if some other continue work on sources, especially providing some more help content) ...

BTW: thanks to you and those other few actives for keeping this thread alive :)

Hi, I'd like to commit some time to an update but there's no way I can do it alone.

There's just to many functions to keep track of.

I wrote a wrapper irrKlang that has 119 functions, that took me the better part of a month to complete in my spare time.

The dll took like 2 days to get 119 functions done and 2 days to test functions work as expected.

Autoit udf for the wrapper took 1 week to write.

The help file almost 3 weeks and it's still missing about 4 examples..lol !

When I look at irrlicht I'm amazed at how well jrowe and linus did to get it to where it is.

The time that those 2 must have committed makes my mind hurt.

So all I can say is Thank You.

With that said if things are wanting to be done to au3Irr2 then why doesn't anyone else step up to help?

Cheers

Leave it completely to others (JRowe seems to be definetly out, but maybe smashly, or ...) ...

Retire as some kind of release provider (if some other continue work on sources, especially providing some more help content) ...

I will like to help this but i cant because i cant work with google code pages, i did try on more than one case and thats why on the end i endedup on sourceforge.net, the best i can do on google code is to create account and almost everything other i try to do geave me blank page, maby its mu isp problem i dono.

it seams that Frank Dodd stoped to work on wraper for the moment, well i cant remamber when he had last update on something, so at the moment im looking at pyirr wraper from _maxim_ trying to recreate hello world example for some time now, diffrance from his and Frank Dodd wraper is about 2000+ funcs (that are almost all irr funcs if im not worng) in _maxim_ dll, downside is that _maxim_ is using irrlicht coding stule that need pointers to the engine devices and input of id-s when calling almost any func , that do complicate the dllcall in some way but the end result shud b similar or identical. another downside is help documetation, but if im not wrong its almost identical to irr original func usage.

Dono if its good idea to change the wraper...

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Hi,

Franks last update was an alpha 0.7.8 but it wasn't an official release and the link is removed from where he posted it. (we were using 0.7.7).

Looking at Franks thread 1st post it looks like his wrapper is dead for the time being.

Hello Everyone

Due to a change in employment I have had to temporarily suspend my work on this project I hope to be able to start work on it again soon.

A Statement on Support

Support is currently only available through this thread and through the participants of this thread. Members of the Irrlicht forums will find it very difficult to provide support due to the translation of their C++ code into Basic commands, please take this into account when developing with the IrrlichtWrapper.

My sincere thanks to everyone that has commented in this thread and particularly Eponasoft, John K, Daiwa, Alvaro, The Car, Agamemnus and Siskinedge for their help, advice and support and contributions that have made this project possible.

Last edited by Frank Dodd on Jun 22, 2011 6:10; edited 31 times in total

So I'd say this wrapper isn't going to progress any further for a while or if at all. :)

If I had a better understanding of C++ and time then I'd write the wrapper optimising it to be used in AutoIt.

But the learning curve of c++ for me is to steep when it comes to in depth wrapper functions.

What happened to Impact3D bogQ?

Nothing, im w8ing for update :) , at the moment dll have bugs that need to b fixed before i can recreate other examples (im stuck with the one with camera driving behinde car), i can use 3drad dll that probably have that bug fixed but i think that 3drad dll have diffrent licence and i did not bother to ask if i can use that dll instead of original.

impact is still 2 interest to me, 1 is irrlicht as alwayes ;)

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

not so long ago i was playing around with muzzle velocity, after some time i added a cannon and after it i thought why the hell not to add ship with it and some sea.

bugs:

animation on the start (cant solve it i need that loop animator when they add that command)

movment of ship is fps dependent (cannons arent), its made for around 60fps

One of the sail is shorter from some points of cammera, i mesed it up before animation, and its too late to fix it now.

Fire on key {1} and {2} left and right side of the ship, sails open on {W} close on {S}, {A} {D} = left right, max speed 0.7

additional info if your interested in calculations for cannons, muzzle = 145,g = -32.2,Cannon Length = 65, swivl.deg. = 6, tilt.deg. = 6

hope you like it

Small demonstration cannons on ship

it was hard to track down the first song that is playing when you start so i hope you like it, i know i do, other songs are random from the Klaus Badelt :)

Edited by bogQ

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i found an amazing md2 model on the web. When adding it to my script, the engine shows all animations, the model obviously possess.

The standard constants( $IRR_EMAT_STAND, $IRR_EMAT_RUN, etc) for animation won't work. How would it be possible, to control the animations?

@M3ND4X

can you somehow send me link for that model on PM, im interested how its not working with standard $IRR_EMAT_STAND, $IRR_EMAT_RUN...

note that constants only trigger predefined animation range the similar way you define it with _IrrSetNodeAnimationRange

here is the list and order to what constant trigger waht animation position and range

from frame 0   to frame 39  tootal frames per a command (40 frames)  command EMAT_STAND 
from frame 40  to frame 45  tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_RUN 
from frame 46  to frame 53  tootal frames per a command (08 frames)  command EMAT_ATTACK 
from frame 54  to frame 57  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_A 
from frame 58  to frame 61  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_B 
from frame 62  to frame 65  tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_PAIN_C 
from frame 66  to frame 71  tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_JUMP 
from frame 72  to frame 83  tootal frames per a command (12 frames)  command EMAT_FLIP 
from frame 84  to frame 94  tootal frames per a command (11 frames)  command EMAT_SALUTE 
from frame 95  to frame 111 tootal frames per a command (17 frames)  command EMAT_FALLBACK 
from frame 112 to frame 122 tootal frames per a command (11 frames)  command EMAT_WAVE 
from frame 123 to frame 134 tootal frames per a command (12 frames)  command EMAT_POINT 
from frame 135 to frame 153 tootal frames per a command (19 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_STAND 
from frame 154 to frame 159 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_WALK 
from frame 160 to frame 168 tootal frames per a command (09 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_ATTACK 
from frame 169 to frame 172 tootal frames per a command (04 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_PAIN 
from frame 173 to frame 177 tootal frames per a command (05 frames)  command EMAT_CROUCH_DEATH 
from frame 178 to frame 183 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLBACK 
from frame 184 to frame 189 tootal frames per a command (06 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLFORWARD 
from frame 190 to frame 197 tootal frames per a command (08 frames)  command EMAT_DEATH_FALLBACKSLOW 
from frame 198 to frame 198 tootal frames per a command (01 frames)  command EMAT_BOOM 

tootal of 199 frames from one animation

• 2 months later...

On "example_044" it gets the bone from a node and trys to rotate it by changing the joint control with _IrrSetJointMode(). I have noticed that the bone is the foot and it does not rotate is _IrrSetJointMode() broken or am I wrong on what it is used for.

• 2 weeks later...

Good! The project is walking with its own legs :D

(Yes, I'm alive)

Edited by A. Percy

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator[center]VW Bug user[/center]Pinheiral (Pinewood) city: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

@thoron , i can`t finde anything wrong with func that is called on dll (it`ll be nice if someone else can take a look if i missed to see something) so it seems that its a wrapper bug

and as 'frank dodd' currently stopped developing wrapper untill someone take ower devolopment or he come back to project, i hardly think that youl get fix soon if you realy need bone animation, on the other hand md2 animations are working just fine.

hi Percy, nice to see you`r 'alive' :D

Edited by bogQ

• 3 months later...

I think there is a small, but annoying problem with _IrrStop(), this function not only stops the engine, but the Autoit script as well, and I don't want it to exit out of the script when the game ends. Is it possible to make it stop doing this?

Rux, apparently exiting from autoit cant b stopped when using _IrrStop() or when closing its win on X button even if the script is stopped with msgbox

best solution i can think of if you need to reset everything is hidding win untill you do what you need to do, stopping drawing after _IrrEndScene(), cleaning resources your self by deliting them

or reruning script before you use _IrrStop()

If you dont need to reset everything stopping after _IrrEndScene() and hidding win untill you do what you need to do will do it

Edit: almost forgot, looking forward on your next update on 暗殺者 :oops:

Edited by bogQ

Rux, apparently exiting from autoit cant b stopped when using _IrrStop() or when closing its win on X button even if the script is stopped with msgbox

best solution i can think of if you need to reset everything is hidding win untill you do what you need to do, stopping drawing after _IrrEndScene(), cleaning resources your self by deliting them

or reruning script before you use _IrrStop()

If you dont need to reset everything stopping after _IrrEndScene() and hidding win untill you do what you need to do will do it

Edit: almost forgot, looking forward on your next update on 暗殺者 :oops:

I figured out how to get around it. I have an exe I call the "engine" and it is run from command line. The first paramerter, is a long secret code, so nobody can start it without it, and the second is the level number. Then, I just have the main program use runwait, and so it works fine. :bye:

Also, I can't get _IrrSetParticleEmitterMinParticlesPerSecond, and _IrrSetParticleEmitterMaxParticlesPerSecond to work. It just crashes. This is important because I need to make things like blood explosions and smoke from the gun and where the bullet hits. Do you know of anyway I could do this, or would I have to manually make a particle system?