FileOpen with RunAS

I am sure this has been asked before but I am unable to find it. I am writing a compiled login script that upgrades some software on a users system. End users cannot see and do not have write access to their own C: drive. The compiled script will check for a file on the system. If that file does not exist then it will run the upgrade with RunAsWait() Administrator credentials. I have tried the following but no file is created at the end of the upgrade to prevent the script running again. The RunAs() parameters work fine on the upgrade installation and the $file handle = 0 when I run the script in the debugger. I'm not sure what to do next so any help is appreciated.

chkver = FileOpen($RunPath & "\tamver")

If $chkver = -1 Then

Exit ;Exit if no Tamver exists

EndIf

If Int(FileReadLine($chkver,2)) > 1 then

$newtam = "c:\tam" & FileReadLine($chkver,2) & ".txt"

Else

MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error Reading version file. Contact your administrator.")

Exit

EndIf

; Create touch file to block upgrade again

Local $file = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileOpen($newtam, 10), @SW_HIDE)

If $file = -1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open Tam Upgrade Touch file.")

Exit

EndIf

$myformat = "Upgraded to FileReadLine($chkver,2) on: " & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & "; " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN

$pid = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileWriteLine($file, $myformat), "c:\", @SW_HIDE)

$pid = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileClose($file), "c:\", @SW_HIDE)

Edited by sanderson

I'm a complete noob and there is a chance this was just a copy/paste error, but I noticed that you missed the $ sign on the first line of your posted code in front of "chkver"...

I am sure this has been asked before but I am unable to find it. I am writing a compiled login script that upgrades some software on a users system. End users cannot see and do not have write access to their own C: drive. The compiled script will check for a file on the system. If that file does not exist then it will run the upgrade with RunAsWait() Administrator credentials. I have tried the following but no file is created at the end of the upgrade to prevent the script running again. The RunAs() parameters work fine on the upgrade installation and the $file handle = 0 when I run the script in the debugger. I'm not sure what to do next so any help is appreciated.

chkver = FileOpen($RunPath & "\tamver")

If $chkver = -1 Then

EndIf

Else

Exit

EndIf

Local $file = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileOpen($newtam, 10), @SW_HIDE)

If $file = -1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open Tam Upgrade Touch file.")

Exit

EndIf

$myformat = "Upgraded to FileReadLine($chkver,2) on: " & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & "; " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN

$pid = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileWriteLine($file, $myformat), "c:\", @SW_HIDE)

$pid = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileClose($file), "c:\", @SW_HIDE)

Hi,

welcome to forum. Please use the autoit tags for your code.

You can't run an AutoIT integrated function as admin in this way.

If yes, someone should correct me.

You might try:

$chkver = FileOpen($RunPath & "\tamver")
If $chkver = -1 Then 
EndIf

Else
    Exit
EndIf
FileClose ($chkver)
;Local $file = RunAs($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, FileOpen($newtam, 10), @SW_HIDE)
;If $file = -1 Then
;MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open Tam Upgrade Touch file.")
;Exit
;EndIf
$pid = RunAsWait ($UserName, $DomainName, $Password, 2, @ComSpec & " /c echo " & $myformat & ">>" & $newtam, "c:\", @SW_HIDE)
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open Tam Upgrade Touch file.")

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

Thanks for the help. Yes it was a copy paste error on the $chkver and your solution worked well 99ojo. Thank you. I also had to change the logon_flag to 0 to allow the file write. Not really sure why but it works so all is well. thank you for the replies..:idea: