AutoIT with IE and Firefox

Hi

I'm new to AutoIT and I trying to verify I can use it for a client that has a limited budget. From what I can see it seems to be a very good tool. The GUI features are better than some tools you pay for. My issue is I can't seem to identify controls on web apps. i.e. buttons, editbox, listbox, etc..... Does AutoIT support this? Is there a Dll or something I need to get?

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. FYI: I'm using AutoIT v3. with Firefox 3.5.9 and IE6.0.

Thanks

AutoIt window info tool will inform you of externat applicatins controls.

And the helpfile is vast and quite informative with an abundance of examples.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it sounds as though you havent even tried it.

Do so.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

AutoIt window info tool will inform you of externat applicatins controls.

And the helpfile is vast and quite informative with an abundance of examples.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it sounds as though you havent even tried it.

Do so.

No I have tried most of today. When I used the window info tool it works fine on windows apps, but with web apps I'm only able to recognize the main one. i.e. if I try to identify this window. It sees the browser and one screen and I can't get control information on the search button or editbox.

No I have tried most of today. When I used the window info tool it works fine on windows apps, but with web apps I'm only able to recognize the main one. i.e. if I try to identify this window. It sees the browser and one screen and I can't get control information on the search button or editbox.

You are quite right. The webpage sits inside the web-browser and the info tool does not work with web pages or web applications. AutoIt does not provide a means to get detailed web information as there is already a number of tools that do that job. There is debugbar (for IE), Firebug (for (FF) and in the UDF has FF-Page-Analyzer.

Using the information you get from these tools you can use the libraries to start automating/scripting.

You will want to decide if you want to use FF or IE. Also is it a web application or a website? Apart from this, AutoIt does offer a capture replay tool.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

You are quite right. The webpage sits inside the web-browser and the info tool does not work with web pages or web applications. AutoIt does not provide a means to get detailed web information as there is already a number of tools that do that job. There is debugbar (for IE), Firebug (for (FF) and in the UDF has FF-Page-Analyzer.

Using the information you get from these tools you can use the libraries to start automating/scripting.

You will want to decide if you want to use FF or IE. Also is it a web application or a website? Apart from this, AutoIt does offer a capture replay tool.

Thanks. I'll look into the tools you mentioned. Are they separate automation tools or just window id/ spy tools that allow me to capture controls I can use to code scripts with AutoIT?

Thanks. I'll look into the tools you mentioned. Are they separate automation tools or just window id/ spy tools that allow me to capture controls I can use to code scripts with AutoIT?

Seperate tools, they do no automation.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]