q about bots

Imagine a common situation:

You are upgrading items. Steps:

Does not look too difficult does it? Except that you have already repeated those steps 40 times to get your item to +3 out of +7. And the upgrade failure gets way bigger with every upgrade. So in the end you will need to do this hundreds of times, to get your item upgraded.

Now the question is. If I will make a script that will do all this for me, with just 1 hotkey. Can I make my topic under User defined scripts section?

1 ) take item from inventory
2 ) drag it into the upgrade window slot
3 ) move your mouse back to inventory
3 ) take 1 Crystal A & drag it into upgrader slot
4 ) move your mouse back to inventory
5 ) take 1 Crystal B & drag it into upgrader slot
6 ) move your mouse back to inventory
7 ) take 1 Crystal C & drag it into upgrader slot
8 ) move your mouse back to inventory
9 ) take 1 Crystal D & drag it into upgrader slot
10) move your mouse back to inventory
11) take 1 Crystal E & drag it into upgrader slot
12) move your mouse over the upgrade button & click it.
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

You can make a script for whatever you like, and use it wherever you like.

But What you are suggesting is posting a game bot in the example scripts section, and I dont think it will go down well with the forum bigwigs.

Like it or hate it, rules is rules.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Regardless of your reasoning, you will get no assistance here that exceeds the bounds set by Valik. It's not something you can argue with, it's not a matter of whether you're right or wrong, or whether your brilliant arguments for or against the issue could sway the heart of God himself. It's like pissing in the wind or sleeping with Superman's wife. Just don't do it.

Getting help with the specifics is easy. Just don't make it overtly related to bots.

They don't ask for much, really, and a little searching through this forum and the help docs can solve 99.99% of any issues that could possibly be related to developing bots of any flavor.

I asked cuz the announcement regarding game bots was quite vague. I figured those kind of simple automatons that literally make the the gameplay more user friendly are allowed. Especially if you are doing it for a game that has gone bankrupt years ago & now there are only private servers left hosted by, well whoever is bored enough can host a server. Shouldnt it be ok?

I mean if he wanted the bots to be banned he would have said this in an universal way like: no automation scripts for online games are allowed, period.!

Im talking about RF online btw.

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

I honestly do not think Goldenix want to hide the rules of the forum.

He just wants to automate a manual task and not take advantage within the game.

The script is easy to write, but if the rules are so rigid, dear Goldenix, just ask for help on a script and not for what purpose;)

Greetings

I read ... I update ... I learn ...

Here's the rub - If your script is used in a multi-player environment (you play against other human players) then many folks have the view that this gives you an unfair advantage over the other players in the same game. In your case you are saying you simply want to automate a boring repetitive task. The fact may most likely be that automating this seemingly simple thing may in the long run give you an advantage over another player. Say more abilities, wealth, or so forth.

Saying that, and using the suggested logic from the facts you presented - For this game, why is the task important to do if it doesn't give you an advantage at some point in the game? You would not do it unless it was some benefit to you. Now, walking farther down this logical trail of thought, if it is a known benefit, then a different player would not have the same benefit who didn't use what you used. They would have to do it by hand. This would be slower, or not at all depending on the time available for or the mistakes made by the human operator. Computer operators can be ran as long as desired without getting tired, bored, or making mistakes. Human operators do not have this ability.

Now with all that said - If you automate what you have in mind - logic suggests you have created an unfair advantage over the other players in the game. For the person who is at a disadvantage for they didn't do what you did, well they may feel irritation for they feel the other player cheated. Nobody likes playing a game where your opponent cheats. Do you? I hope this is making sense to you.

two ways to make upgrade automation for rf is to use pixelscan, or better, nomadmemory

if you plan to automate upgrading of weapons, your bot should validate that you have

the required talics and gems, for this you'll need the address, offsets of every item

in your inventory. use cheat engine to get the addresses. this does not modify the client at all.

Edited by adik2dmax666
First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming style. Then forget all that and just hack. -George Carrette[sub]GD Keylogger Creator (never released)[/sub][sub]Garena Autojoin v3.0[/sub]