New to AutoIt and The Forum

Hi I am new to this forum and AutoIt. I am somewhat of a computer enthusiast. I have dabbled with 3D Software(e.g. Blender, Rhino, Milkshape 3D, 3D Studios Max) creating models and animations, creating Adobe Flash animations and websites, creating graphics and photo retouches in Photoshop, creating websites and more. I am a senior in high school. I am graduating soon and still trying to figure out what I want to do for a living. I have tried a lot of things, but very little programming. I saw AutoIt and got really interested.

I am just wondering where the best place to start is. I am a very visual learner and learn by doing. So I am just asking for any sites, tutorials, and or examples that have been useful to you in learning AutoIt that you would like to pass on to me. I would also like to know what the easiest thing to start with is. For example is it easiest to just start trying to program automated tasks for Windows Explorer or if I should start with something else.

Any help you guys give I greatly appreciate and can't wait to be contributing to the forum in the future!

Check out AutoIt 1-2-3 in my signature. It's a good place to start. Also, after you download Autoit and Scite4Autoit the help manual works wonders. It has one of the most complete help guides I have ever seen in a program, full of examples, and explanations for just about everything you could need.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forums.

There are some links in my sig too.

Also go to http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=autoit&aq=f. There is a entire series of videos made by user 403forbidden403 which are very detailed. Don't know if they are a user of the forum or not, you should find them helpful.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

A small tip. When you find a not-very-big amount of code, always read it through and try to guess or understand how it works before running it.

[Not using this account any more. Using "iShafayet" instead]

There are some links in my sig too.

Also go to http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=autoit&aq=f. There is a entire series of videos made by user 403forbidden403 which are very detailed. Don't know if they are a user of the forum or not, you should find them helpful.

He is definitly a forum member. His name on these forums was 403forbidden and he was last seen here Feb. 19.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

He is definitly a forum member. His name on these forums was 403forbidden and he was last seen here Feb. 19.

Ur right! I search the fourm after first seeing the vids to thank him but I could not find him, only references to the videos.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]