[Solved] Can I Change AutoIt Window Info tool to start without Freeze=True?

When using AutoIt Window Info tool(the one that comes with latest version),

every time when I run it, it opens with Freeze=True

(Menu: Options\Freeze)

In previous version it wasn't like that..

How can I change it so it will not start with freeze=true?

Edited by Zohar

• Moderators

Zohar,

How can I change it so it will not start with freeze=true?

I do not believe you can.

But what is the problem with it being set? Most people seem to prefer it that way - which may be why it was changed a few versions ago. :idea:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

heh =)

If someone runs AutoItWindowInfo tool, it means he's gonna use it..

so where would it be useful to have it start frozen? :\

Why do you think it necessary to have to uncheck the frozen option in order to use it? Before, when frozen was not the default option I used to get frustrated at having to set it to frozen before using AutoIt Info to get the identification details of a control.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Why do you think it necessary to have to uncheck the frozen option in order to use it?

because if it's frozen then it doesn't do anything...

Before, when frozen was not the default option, I used to get frustrated at having to set it to frozen before using AutoIt Info to get the identification details of a control.

You used to set it to Frozen Before getting the identification details of a control?

Don't you mean After?

IIRC that is Jons baby so ask away. It has been that way for a long time now but you are correct in the fact it wasn't always that way. Personally I would like to see an option for that because I don't like it starting frozen either, to the point where I now either don't bother with it or I use an older version. In order to use it, you have to unfreeze it first and then freeze it again when it contains the info you want.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

because if it's frozen then it doesn't do anything...

That is what may seem to you. In frozen mode, you can drag the finder cross-hair on to a window (or the desired control within the window) without needing to unfreeze and freeze again. The finder can be quicker and easier which is perhaps the reason Jon chose the option of starting frozen. You can select the window/control with the finder and the info is there in AutoIt Info. Then you can double click on data entries in AutoIt Info to copy to clipboard. Seems quite functional to me so perhaps you could give it a try. :idea:

In frozen mode, you can drag the finder cross-hair on to a window (or the desired control within the window) without needing to unfreeze and freeze again.

ohhhhhhh

now I get it!

I totally forgot about the finder..

I always moved the mouse till it is on the desired window/control, and then copied the data.

I knew it would be useful to ask about it!

now I finally see a logic in the decision!

and thanks, I think I will use the finder too, because it's easier that way after you select the window/control you want.

(the data is not overwritten when you move the mouse)

Thank you MHz!

:]

Edited by Zohar

Lot's of learning going on here....WaHoo....I was bugged by the new default for the past...? months...but now that I see the light...errr....logic of dragging the thingy over the target....hey...very cool. Too bad I don't always take the time to read the change hstory when new versions come up....

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.-Daniel Webster