Drop Down Menu Help

Hello AutoIt Forums,

I created a script that moves directories based on user names that are prompted for at the start of the script. The script works fine, but I would rather have a drop down menu than have the user type in their user name (eliminate user error). I have never worked with a drop down menu before, and would love it if someone could point me in the direction of some sort of guide (was unable to find one through Google).

Here is my script:

; Set Administrative Rights

#RequireAdmin
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator

; Gather User Name

$user = InputBox("SOCO AutoCAD Installer", "Please enter your User Name.")

; Create Directory

DirCreate("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO")

; Copy Directories

DirCopy("\\fileserver\media\Installs\SOCAD_r2010", "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_pgp", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_lsp", "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\Support", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_cui", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\ToolPalette", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\ToolPalette", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\RegisteredTools", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\Profiles", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\Profiles", 1)
DirCopy("C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\plotters", "C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Plotters", 1)

; Delete Files

FileDelete("C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\acad.bak.cuix")
FileDelete("C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\acad.mnr")

; Inform User of Completion

MsgBox(4096, "SOCO AutoCAD Installer", "SOCO AutoCAD installation complete!")

Is there a way to have users select their user names from a drop down list instead of having to type it in?

Thanks so much for any help!.

DJ Berndt

• Moderators

StOngeCompany,

What you are looking for is a Combo box. Look at GUICtrlCreateCombo in the Help file. :idea:

You will need the $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST style to prevent user input. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I don't see why you particularily have to have a user select their user name if they are the currently logged on user.

What you really need to do is open the Help File and look at the Macros. Directory section as they apply to user folders.

For Example

Anything that has thie in the lines you posted

"C:\Users\" & $user & "\AppData\Roaming\rest of path"

can be replaced with

@AppDataDir & "\rest of the path"

DirCopy("\\fileserver\media\Installs\SOCAD_r2010", @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_pgp", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_lsp", @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\Support", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\acad_cui", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\ToolPalette", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\ToolPalette", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\RegisteredTools", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\setup\support\Profiles", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\Profiles", 1)
DirCopy(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO\plotters", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Plotters", 1)

You could shorten it even more by using

$sSourcePath = @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO"
DirCopy("\\fileserver\media\Installs\SOCAD_r2010", @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\SOCO", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\setup\support\acad_pgp", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\setup\support\acad_lsp", @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoCAD 2010\Support", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\setup\support\acad_cui", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\setup\support\ToolPalette", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\ToolPalette", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\SOCO\setup\support\RegisteredTools", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\setup\support\Profiles", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\Profiles", 1)
DirCopy($sSource Path & "\plotters", @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\Plotters", 1)

And you can follow the same method for the destination folders

$sDestPath = @AppDataDir & "\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2010"

It's much easier to work with and less liklihood of a typo causing issues if you declare all the common portion of several paths as a variable.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Macros are the solution to several problems and not enough people look at that section of the help file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"