Tray Icon on Windows 7

Win7 64bit Ultimate here, and it works too. Maybe there's a problem with you environment variables / dll location? You refer to "wucltux.dll" without a path...

Edited by KaFu

I hope he is not trying to write some fake windows updater.

lol,

no

We use SCCM with WSUS to do updates and are looking to write something so the end users know more about what is going on as well as giving them more options around rebooting after updates are installed.

Right now just experimenting with this. Could use any icon I just thought this one would look familiar.

Terry

Edited by mattw112

Win7 64bit Ultimate here, and it works too. Maybe there's a problem with you environment variables / dll location? You refer to "wucltux.dll" without a path...

I've tried with a path too, with no luck.

Not sure what would be messed up,

This is a pretty straight forward build of Windows 7 enterprise X64.

hmm...

Thanks,

terry

why do you need a tray icon? why not just remove it with #NoTrayIcon

Because we want the tray icon?? not sure I understand.

Like I stated we want to have the tray icon, we just want it to give better information

I still can't get it to work on my Win 7 enterprise x64 machine, not sure why pretty straight forward code.

I'll keep trying.

Terry

You are not by any chance using another trayseticon() someplace else in the script are you?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem here on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Trayicon will not change, tried about 3 different exe's in different locations, using relative and absolute paths.

Seems that other trayicon related functions don't work either (like TrayCreateItem).

When clicking the AutoIT icon a red x will flash up (even with the reduced script only using TraySetIcon. I am absolutely new to AutoIT, so not sure if this is the expected behavior or not.

Used the installer to setup AutoIT. It installs to Program Files(x86), but includes the 64bit version AFAIK.

Well, guess what, it works now!

I tried for surely an hour last night but couldn't get it to work, but only posted here on the forum today - without running the script again.

I wanted to verify that TrayCreateItem will cause the script to fail as well... when it didn't I changed the code back and everything working now as expected... I dare say that the code exactly matches the version from last night (that failed). Maybe I missed something.

Or maybe some AutoIT dlls not being properly registered until after a restart? Just speculating here, since I don't really have a clue :mellow: