Running StikyNot.exe

Hi there!

Why do I get the error (showed in the attachment)

When I run this:

$Path = @WindowsDir & "\System32\StikyNot.exe"
ConsoleWrite ( $Path )
ShellExecute ( $Path )

This is just so weird, I tried it with admin rights and still same problem...

Ow, btw it says it can't find the file but when I go look in the directory it's there! (Image 2)

Please give me an answer, I'm excited! :idea:

Rawox.

post-40706-12741173432594_thumb.png

post-40706-12741174179218_thumb.png

Edited by Rawox

Care to translate the error message to English? Did it just not find that file, or was it expecting you to pass another file as a parameter?

:idea:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

"Cannot find file ..... Check the name and try again" :idea:

Are you running WIN7 X64?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

$path = @SystemDir & "\stikynot.exe"
ShellExecute($path)

Works for me

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

I get the above error when I run the below on Win7/X64:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
ConsoleWrite ( $Path )
ShellExecute ( $Path )

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
ConsoleWrite ( $Path )
ShellExecute ( $Path )

What do you get with @SystemDir instead of @WindowsDir "\system32\"

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Developers

What do you get with @SystemDir instead of @WindowsDir "\system32\"

When you run in X86 mode the sysdir is: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When you run in X86 mode the sysdir is: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Now I'm even more convinced that installing 32 bit was the better way to go. Besides saving on RAM it avoided headaches like this.

George

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
ConsoleWrite ( $Path )
ShellExecute ( $Path )

@SystemDir indeed returns SysWOW64 and I'm on 64bit but this also doesn't work... same error.

And it just says it can't find the file, nothing special about parameters etc.

//EDIT: MSDN Article

//EDIT2: cmd -> stikynot.exe doesn't work.

//EDIT3: Found the problem. In some way it can't run it but if I copy it to another folder (not C:\Windows\System32) then it works :idea:

Edited by Rawox

• Developers

There is no x86 version of StickyNot.exe in the SysWOW64 subdir so it will not work when you run it from a x86 program on a X64 OS unless it is made available.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Have you installed the x64 version of AutoIt3 at installtime? This determines the default.

When you have the SciTE4Autoit3 installer installed you could use the directive I shown in my example and set it to Y.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well... I'm not 100% sure about the 64bit install, I think I chose it...

And I already tried both y and n for #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 although the text (#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64) stays black in SciTE

• Developers

Well... I'm not 100% sure about the 64bit install, I think I chose it...

And I already tried both y and n for #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64 although the text (#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64) stays black in SciTE

Show me your SciTE console output when you run it.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:\Scripts\StickyNoter\StickyNoter.au3"    
0>Exit code: 0  Time: 0.217

This means that you haven't installed the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer which is a prerequisite for the directives to work. :idea: Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

By the way. Have a look at this script for testing: (I hope I defined it correctly)

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
;Works when run on x64 OS in x64 mode
;Works when run on x86 OS
ConsoleWrite ( $Path & @CRLF)
ShellExecute ( $Path )
;Works when run on x64 OS in x64 mode
;Works when run on x86 OS
$Path = @SystemDir & "\StikyNot.exe"
ShellExecute ( $Path )
;Works when run on x64 OS in x86 mode
$Path = @WindowsDir & "\Sysnative\StikyNot.exe"
ShellExecute ( $Path )

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.