Convert MSG to EML files

I'm trying to get this working but my limited vb is hindering my abilities here.

DIM $Session = ObjCreate("Redemption.RDOSession")
DIM $Msg = $Session.GetMessageFromMsgFile("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.msg", true)
$Msg.Import("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.eml", 1024)
$Msg.Save

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

So you are trying to convert an existing .msg file to a .eml file? What happens when you run the code above? Do you receive any errors? I can tell just looking at your code that it's not going to work. You do not want to use the import function to convert a .msg. You should check out the API documentation to figure out how to use the object's methods http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/. My guess is that you would want to do something like this:

DIM $Msg = $Session.GetMessageFromMsgFile("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.msg")
$Msg.SaveAs("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.eml", 1024)
Edited by zorphnog

So you are trying to convert an existing .msg file to a .eml file? What happens when you run the code above? Do you receive any errors? I can tell just looking at your code that it's not going to work. You do not want to use the import function to convert a .msg. You should check out the API documentation to figure out how to use the object's methods http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/. My guess is that you would want to do something like this:

DIM $Msg = $Session.GetMessageFromMsgFile("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.msg")
$Msg.SaveAs("D:\Save Attachments\My Saved Email.eml", 1024)

I see... I wish there was a way to do this without having to use redemption. Thanks for the help!

Edited by kickarse

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

stargatefan,

No advertising of external payware products please. :)

M23

Edit: And I see this is the second time - one more and you will be removed from the community. :naughty:

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 3 years later...

Carefully transfer MSG file database in EML format through eSoftTools <snip> software. This is the best solution enables to export data from MSG file to EML file in seconds. It works for MSG file conversion into EML format against any data loss.

<snip>

Edit: Removed links

Edited by JLogan3o13

• Moderators

@prokasou did you bother to read the Moderator's post directly above your own?? If we're telling others not to advertise such products, why did you think it would be a good idea for you to post them? Please do not do so again.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 1 year later...

There are multiple solution available for converting MSG to EML file format. You can google this solution. Last time I used  a solution for same issue and got great result with this MSG to EML tool. I will recommend you to download this  software from here <link removed>

Edited by JLogan3o13
People can't read, apparently

• Moderators

@dariush12, what part of this sentence, now typed multiple times in this thread, confuses you? :huh2:

No advertising of external payware products

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Jos locked this topic