Google Voice Automation

I am trying to figure out how to send an SMS message to my phone each morning and have gathering the data down, now I need to figure out how to send the SMS via Google Voice through AutoIT3. I am obviously an idiot as I can not figure out how to read the object / element / ?? or whatever it is that is the SMS button. I have even installed FireBug in Firefox in hopes that it would give me something more to go with to no avail.

All I have gotten to work is reading the HTML and writing that to a file to look over, which really does nothing that FireBug was not already telling me. I have also given up on trying to get the FF.au3 functions working for Firefox and have resorted to the IE.au3 (despite hating IE), which again, has not resulted in anything productive.

I think I am not quite understanding how to read the objects off of the GVoice web page and effectively assigning a click to it. I feel that if I can get the SMS button click down, the rest will be similar and fall right into place.

Some of you may ask for code, but I literally have nothing other than this pathetic effort:

#include <IE.au3>

Local $sURL = "https://www.google.com/voice/#inbox"
Local $hFile = "C:\GV.txt"
Local $iPhone = "<Phone# Goes Here>"
Local $hTemp = @WorkingDir & "\temp.html"

$oIE = _IECreate($sURL) ; <= Final product would have the browser window hidden
$sHTML = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)

FileWrite($hTemp, $sHTML)

_IEQuit($oIE)

Exit

Thanks for your help.

- dm83737

Edited by dm83737

For those of us who don't have (access) to Google Voice, it would be helpful if you could attach a copy or post the HTML of the page you're trying to automate.

Sorry, I am too nervous that I will forget to delete some login info or something and put it out there for the world. So I will not be placing any HTML for you to see. If anyone that wants to figure this out with me needs an invite, I have 2 more as of 05-24-2010.

Thanks for the offer though, evilertoaster

- dm83737

• 1 month later...

GV has keyboard shortcuts that would probably simplify your life!

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117493

Once you've navigated to the GV page, just do a

Send("m")

and it'll bring up the SMS window.