Installation

Hello, I am interested in solving one problem with AutoIt. Is it possible to create installation of program without click next button, and to avoid spamming toolbars that usually goes with installations ? Can somebody give me some advices or show me one example with one free program lets say Winamp ? I would be very happy if I could solve my problem. :idea:

Hello, I am interested in solving one problem with AutoIt. Is it possible to create installation of program without click next button, and to avoid spamming toolbars that usually goes with installations ? Can somebody give me some advices or show me one example with one free program lets say Winamp ? I would be very happy if I could solve my problem. :idea:

Install AutoIT

Install the Full version of SciTE

Create a new AU3 Script

Start the installer

In SciTE select Tools -> AutoitMacroGenertor

Click Record button (red ball)

click the buttons you want to record on the installer.

Click STOP on the AutoitMacroGenertor

Exit AutoitMacroGenertor

Save the new script

You now have a GOOD start for an installer for that program. I usually isn't perfect and will need fine tuning but it saves a lot of grunt work.

Have fun

John Morrison

aka

Storm-E

Woow, that was fast :idea:

Can you please tell me is it possible for user to choose destination folder of these programs or they can only be installed by default at C:\Program Files ?

Edited by Alpha

Woow, that was fast :idea:

Can you please tell me is it possible for user to choose destination folder of these programs or they can only be installed by default at C:\Program Files ?

Record the macro first. It will contian all the button presses but not the text.

You'll have to work out where the text is entred and use SEND to enter the text. Just work out what text (tabs, etc) you would normaly type.

It's not that hard. The best thing is to try it and see what it does and doesn't do.

Good Luck!

I have tried it now but I am getting error: "Missing separator character after keyword" when I want to run my script. So, when I create that, I just need to run that script and it will install program with settings that I have recorded ?

i think you'll have to post the code that causes the error, just from error: "Missing separator character after keyword" i dont think anyone is going to guess what keyword it is your using.

GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

I have tried it now but I am getting error: "Missing separator character after keyword" when I want to run my script. So, when I create that, I just need to run that script and it will install program with settings that I have recorded ?

Not a lot of help without seeing the code. As "Yoriz" siad post-the-code.

This is what I siad about "The code isn't perfect" and will need some tweeking.

Before you post the code run it in SciTE! It will give you the line where the error occured (you can even click on the error to take you directly to it) have a look at the line then try and work out what is wrong with the syntax. It could be something simple.

<A Bit of advice>

This forum helps people that help themselves!

If you can show that you've made an effort (ie show the code you are working on, NOT just the generated code) then you will get a much better response.

So if you still can't work it out after having a good-go-at it, post the code, the error message from SciTE and what you have already tried.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...