What is an easy way to check the index of a link/textbox/etc for _IE functions?

I've searched around and cannot seem to word this correctly to get an answer that is viable to my question..

I'm looking for a way to check the index of a page simply for use of functions like this one

_IELinkClickByIndex ($oIE, 38)

Counting up and down on the page isn't working how I'd like it to :/ I really hope there is a simpler way to do this.

Thanks for any method someone suggests!

Edited by Acry

It is sort of what I need.. but I just need a way to find the index number of a link on a page so that _IELinkClickByIndex could click it

If you look at the example of _IELinkClickByIndex I believe you will understand what I mean if you change the website to something like Yahoo and change the ($oIE, 2) to ($oIE, 3) then ($oIE, 4) and you will see it clicks different links each time. What I need is a way to figure out these index numbers without just guessing.

I'm sorry this is just really hard to explain so if I knew how to explain it there was probably already a solution on these forums >.<

Edited by Acry

IE_Builder (written by Val) includes some routines I wrote for examining page structure and element indexes.

Find it here

Use it to navigate to your URL, click "Source Code" and then "Anchor Tags"

Have fun

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble