MY TOPIC LOCKED?!

Alright so I read from the auto it help file and it didn't help me,so i posted the topic How do i use Pixel Search?.

And then someone replied,and i did and they did and after that someone locked my topic, how rude was that.

Why did you lock my Topic?!, now how am i suppose to learn what pixel search is?!, don't tell me to read it in the help file coz it wont work! :idea: .

Edited by FrozenScriptz

Why don't you try messing around with the example in the help file? Adjust the X and Y co-ordinates to see how it affects the script, even the color value. If you can't figure it out that way, or searching the forum for examples, or at least by showing some initiative on your own, than you won't find any help here.

Start a fire for a man, he's warm for the night; set a man on fire, he's warm the rest of his life.

Start a fire for a man, he's warm for the night; set a man on fire, he's warm the rest of his life.

Get him started writing game bots, and he'll never move out of his mother's basement.

:idea:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Get him started writing game bots, and he'll never move out of his mother's basement.

Give him a fish, he has supper. Teach him to fish, he learns how to sit in a boat and drink beer all day.. :idea:

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

:idea:

:( I doubt helping him learn would much affect that scenario. :)

edit: i do not encourage making bots.

Edited by spudw2k

Give him a fish, he has supper. Teach him to fish, he learns how to sit in a boat and drink beer all day..

HA never heard that one before.

Well forget about the I want to make game bot stuff i was just joking.

The truth is i want to learn Pixel Search not because i want to make game bots or any other stuffs,if i don't learn it i wont make a progress.

Oh and by the way JohnOne thanks for telling me the reason why my topic was locked, the other replies people posted didn't help me.

Why don't you try messing around with the example in the help file? Adjust the X and Y co-ordinates to see how it affects the script, even the color value. If you can't figure it out that way, or searching the forum for examples, or at least by showing some initiative on your own, than you won't find any help here.

Yeah i did that but it didn't help!, the help file was just too confusing!

I really cant think of any other way to explain it to you.

Think of the screen you are now looking at as your screen.

Think of the box this qote is in as the rectangular area of the screen you want to search in for your pixel color

You will notice that this rectangle has a left <, a top ^, a right > and a bottom v.

From the helpfile

left = left coordinate of rectangle.

top = top coordinate of rectangle.

right = right coordinate of rectangle.

bottom = bottom coordinate of rectangle.

color = Colour value of pixel to find (in decimal or hex).

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Maybe you should start with the Cartesian coordinate system and how a pixel's coordinate values are mapped...

The top left pixel of your screen is (0, 0) with positive x going to the right and positive y going downwards.

Edited by omikron48

• Moderators

Alright so I read from the auto it help file and it didn't help me,so i posted the topic How do i use Pixel Search?.

And then someone replied,and i did and they did and after that someone locked my topic, how rude was that.

Why did you lock my Topic?!, now how am i suppose to learn what pixel search is?!, don't tell me to read it in the help file coz it wont work! :idea: .

I can answer that for you.

The reason will have been this...

Yes

Well forget about the I want to make game bot stuff i was just joking.

Ok, It wasn't a joke that your topic was locked, and saying it was a joke makes you lose even more credibility on learning.

However, putting that aside, truth of the matter.... if you can't understand this stuff with it literally being drawn out for you, you need to move on.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.