Problem with Send and ControlSend

This may have a simple answer but I'm a newbie using Autoit. I'm trying to pass some date values to an external program, I get to the point where Im able to open the program and make the window active but when I send "TAB" or values, nothing happens, Do I need an special include file for this? any help would be apreciatted. the external program have two text fields and I

have tried sending "test" to those fields too with the same result.

$wDir="C:\Users\Owner\Desktop"

ShellExecute($wDir&"\sales.lnk")

Sleep(6000) ;The program takes some time to open. That's why I have this pause.

WinActivate("Sales Report") ;Im able to activate the window program

Sleep(2000)

Send("{TAB})

Send("05032010")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("05052010")

.. and so on..

when I run it, I noticed at the bottom of the editor window saying "Input file is UTF16 encoded, Au3Check/Tidy/Obfuscator do no support UNICODE and will be skipped.*" Is that related to this problem?

thanks!

aburquez

thanks

okay, if the window is active and your send tab is still not working there is one other thing I know of you can try.

I had this problem once before with a pdf file that wouldnt let me get to the first input box with the tab button so I eventually had to fix it by first sending a Shift+Tab (which is back one tab) and then the Tab worked.

You'll just have to experiment what works for your situation.

good luck:rolleyes:

I tried several things, included the ones you all suggested but none of them worked, however they work with any other program but this one. Even tried to use MouseMove and MouseClick with to click on one of the buttons of the same program. I'm able to move the mouse to the button coordinate and used MouseClick and the button doesnt get depressed. I also used SendControl along with the program Autoit info window. Just for you to know Im using windows 7 professional on 64 bit computer.

I'm out of ideas, I'll keep trying later.

Thanks for the responses.

It's working now!!

The problem: "Run as administrator" box was checked on the properties dialog for this program. When It's checked the program doesn't respond to any "send", "mouse" or "ControlSend" instruction.

Thank you all!

• 2 months later...

So, what do you do when you don't have the option to set the Run as administrator or not? I am trying to work on a script to change the desktop background picture on remote machines instantly. With XP, I can do it with the command line, but on Win 7 devices, it doesn't work. Searching for a full day came up with nothing, so I figured how to open the Personalization window with the command line. Then I need to send <tab> along with other send commands to achieve, but the send commands aren't being received. Has anybody figured out how to get the send commands to be received by Win 7 without editing settings on the remote machine?