Run execute file at startup

Hi,

i m trying to make my script run at startup. The script has been compiled into exe and it takes no installation at all so i cant make it to run at a certain address. Can anyone help me make a startup sript for my file so i can paste the scipt into my existing one. please also tell me where to put it as i m new. :(

Or even better go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run, and make a new registry value there with the path to the executable...

I don't believe in the Startup folder :(

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

thank you for your respond, but i still dont understand since i m trying to force the CPU with my file to run at startup

can you also provide me with the script to include in my au3 file.

in my case the exe is alarm.exe.

If RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run", "chelseafc's Alarm Program") = "" Then RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run", "chelseafc's Alarm Program", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

That's one line of code, if you separate it, don't forget to add the EndIf. Hopefully that will do it!

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

This is how I have always done it.

If Not(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "IPSend.exe")) Then
    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "IPSend.exe", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)
EndIF

Hope that helps some,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

hey i just want to do a check to see if my file path is really there, where is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run?

and thx people, my IE is just suddenly fixed. I typed in the path and fixed IE poped up. Autoit3 is powerful =D

It is a registry key. Open the start menu, click 'Run", type 'regedit' and then find the key. BTW 'HKCU' is 'HKEY_Current_Users'. All verions how windows have this key and it tells what programs to boot on startup.

qq

i changed

If Not(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "IPSend.exe")) Then

RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "IPSend.exe", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

EndIF

and another script someone provided

to

If Not(RegRead("HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "myprogram.exe")) Then

RegWrite("HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "myprogram.exe", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

EndIF

then i saw the registry key :( is this correct?

Edited by chelseafc

i changed

and another script someone provided

to

then i saw the registry key :(  is this correct?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could use either of those. If you use HKCU you are only making it start up in the current user. If you use HKLM you will startup no matter who logs in.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)