_ADGetObjectsInOU (adfunction.au3)

hey guys -- the title says it all really.

using the adfunctions.au3 UDF 3.3 and im using the _ADGetObjectsInOU function to return all users in a OU parent tree and some other attributes like mail, displayName, sAMAccountName. When trying to retrieve description attribute i get nothing. At all. Can anyone confirm that 1 this is possbile and 2 have a quick glance at my code see if its "good"?

windows 2003 domain - AD level native

Thanks and much apprecaited.

#include <adfunctions.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Local $array[1]

_ADGetObjectsInOU($array, "ou=parentOU,dc=domain,dc=local", "(objectCategory=user)", 2, "sAMAccountName,mail,displayName,description", "sAMAccountName")

_ArrayDisplay($array)

ConsoleWrite($array[12][0]&"  "&$array[12][3]&@CRLF)

I used the ConsoleWrite line as a test to catch returned user 12 and spill their details in case arrayDisplay wasnt catching array[0][3] ... its spills everything except description.

Ive testing using ONLY description attribute, putting inbetween mail and samaccountname and still nothing returned.

TIA if anyone can help -- need more info ive forgotten just ask please.

Cheers

Could you please give the AD UDF a try? It's the successor of the ADFunctions UDF and contains more functions, help files, examples ...

The functions are named similar, the only difference is that you have to use _AD_Open() at the beginning and _AD_Close() at the end of your script.

For download please see my signature.

If I remember correctly description is a multivalue attribute. Such attributes are not returned by _ADGetObjectsInOU (adfunctions.au3). _AD_GetObjectsInOU (AD.au3) returns such values as a string separateted by a concatenator character.

If you have any problems, please ask the question in the "help and support thread" (see signature)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water -- thank you for your help the new AD_* function fixed my issue immediatley.

Also thank you for adding so many more functions and updates (especially the help files) to the adfunctions.AU3 predecessor.

I look forward to re-writing all my AD related scripts with the new AD.au3

Regards,

Jesus