deleting ugly registry value

I created a script to delete a bunch of registry values all work except one I can not delete it in kixtart or dos however when I go into the registry editor I can select it and delete it I think it has something to do with this is the only one with spaces any ideas

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\PestPatrol Control Center")

try

RegDelete(' "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\PestPatrol Control Center" ')
I surrounded the quoted registry entry with single quotes. If this is an entry on your own computer and not remote, use only one \ after HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Edited by steveR
AutoIt3 online docs Use it... Know it... Live it...MSDN libraryglobal Help and SupportWindows: Just another pane in the glass.

It still will not delete I tried it with both single and double\ and the ' ' this is on the local computer any other ideas

try

RegDelete(' "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\PestPatrol Control Center" ')
I surrounded the quoted registry entry with single quotes. If this is an entry on your own computer and not remote, use only one \ after HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think "PestPatrol Control Center" is a value not a Key sor the correct syntax is

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","PestPatrol Control Center")
:(

it is a value but I tried that syntax and it still will not delete

I think "PestPatrol Control Center" is a value not a Key sor the correct syntax is

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","PestPatrol Control Center")
:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",'"PestPatrol Control Center"')

Try with single quotes around the value. Also, is this some anti-spyware app. Maybe it's preventing the deletion like some spyware might try to do. Maybe you have a service running that won't allow the deletion

AutoIt3 online docs Use it... Know it... Live it...MSDN libraryglobal Help and SupportWindows: Just another pane in the glass.

single ' solved the problem must be something to do with spaces thanks a bunch I was starting to get a flat spot on my forehead from banging

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",'"PestPatrol Control Center"')

Try with single quotes around the value. Also, is this some anti-spyware app. Maybe it's preventing the deletion like some spyware might try to do. Maybe you have a service running that won't allow the deletion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

single ' solved the problem  must be something to do with spaces  thanks a bunch I was starting to get a flat spot on my forehead from banging

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The solution was not the "" as suggested by steveR but the error was the \\

So to summarize in your first post you have 2 errors One trying to delete a key instead of a value and the \\ :(

even without the \\ it still did not work it was the '

The solution was not the "" as suggested by steveR but the error was the \\

So to summarize in your first post you have 2 errors One trying to delete a key instead of a value and the \\ :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even without the \\ it still did not work  it was the '

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That look very strange to me but If You are 100% sure that will stay as a mystery to me as the following code as work for me

$n=RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","PestPatrol Control Center")
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~13','Selection:' & @lf & '$n' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $n & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error & @lf & @lf & '@Extended:' & @lf & @Extended);### Debug MSGBOX

He only reason could be the value in the registry was not as you described PestPatrol Control Center but "PestPatrol Control Center".

in this case you should have seen the difference with regedit

Next time try to be more precise when you describe your context

I would not kid you that is what I saw with regedit. It is also interesting there was a deley in the deletion even though I stopped all Pest Patrol services if you ask me that program is worse than any spyware We have switched over to spy sweeper ent. and ist is working great

thanks for your help. Now I am on the look out for a quick and easy radio template all the examples do not do anything know of any

That look very strange to me but If You are 100% sure that will stay as a mystery to me as the following code as work for me

$n=RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","PestPatrol Control Center")
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~13','Selection:' & @lf & '$n' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $n & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error & @lf & @lf & '@Extended:' & @lf & @Extended);### Debug MSGBOX

He only reason could be the value in the registry was not as you described PestPatrol Control Center but "PestPatrol Control Center".

in this case you should have seen the difference with regedit

Next time try to be more precise when you describe your context

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>