Itanium 64-bit AutoIT version?

Just a simple question - is there any native 64-bit Itanium versions of AutoIT? I did some searches and didn't see anything that indicated there was a native Itanium version, so I'm assuming no.

In that case, its safe to assume under Itanium architectures, AutoIT only runs a 32-bit version, correct. And if so, I assume there wouldn't be any plans to develop any native 64-bit Itanium versions either?

I'm only curious because some 64-bit structures differ based on the chipset (thread Context structures, for example). Plus, there's a difference in 64-bit low-level programming (which I do on occasion - as crazy as I am).

Thanks in advance!

Just a simple question - is there any native 64-bit Itanium versions of AutoIT? I did some searches and didn't see anything that indicated there was a native Itanium version, so I'm assuming no.

In that case, its safe to assume under Itanium architectures, AutoIT only runs a 32-bit version, correct. And if so, I assume there wouldn't be any plans to develop any native 64-bit Itanium versions either?

I'm only curious because some 64-bit structures differ based on the chipset (thread Context structures, for example). Plus, there's a difference in 64-bit low-level programming (which I do on occasion - as crazy as I am).

Thanks in advance!

AFAIK as I know there is no version supporting the Itanium.

Furthermore I doubt support will be added especially since it seems the Microsoft is actually phasing out support for the Itanium. Not to mention I doubt any of the devs have access to such hardware (or at least enough access)

Link

Regards,FuryCell

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Furycell,

Ahh, I should have seen that article (MaximumPC fan myself)! I was guessing based on the lack of any developer response that they don't have a native version, though of course they do recognize the architecture (@OSArch will return "IA64" for Itanium chipsets).

I did go ahead and look into the AutoIT install and there was only two versions of AutoIT's executable - one 32-bit, the other 64-bit (just the x86-64 [x64] version). I take this as further proof, since I see no other alternate downloads, that AutoIT has no native Itanium 64-bit version. This is good in one way (some fewer coding issues to worry about) though certain functions that don't work from 32-bit-to-64-bit processes will fail on Itanium native apps.

But as it is being phased out, and is limited to certain Server O/S builds, its not a big concern.

Thanks for the link, Furycell

No problem. btw I'm curious what functions you are talking about that have issues from 32bit to 64bit? It would be some good knowledge to have. =)

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Some 'CreateToolhelp32Snapshot' lists will fail (Heaps/Modules lists), anything having to do with getting memory statistics, and reading from or writing to Process memory, the old standard for getting module file names (GetModuleBaseName, GetModuleFileNameEx - which both have wiser alternatives post-Win2000).. And probably a few others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

*edit (threw in a few more)

Edited by Ascend4nt