Locked Screen Interactivity

I've noticed that some non-AutoIt programs can interact with a locked screen, for things like third party authentication like thumb print or card readers... and then this program that allows a non-admin to forcibly log anyone off a locked computer. Even if the functionality isn't built in to AutoIt, how is it even possible to do this? Maybe I'm not wording this correctly in searches, but I can't find any documentation on this ability in Windows.

Posted Image

It looks like this particular program uses two separate EXEs, but using one as service.

• 2 weeks later...

from what I can see this is out of the purview of autoit currently, maybe someone will come up with a UDF or function as this would be really useful and in keeping with autoit function, I have also looked extensively and currently my knowledge does allow me to make such a function in autoit.

Edited by PeterAtkin

[topic='115020'] AD Domain Logon Script[/topic]

this program that allows a non-admin to forcibly log anyone off a locked computer. Even if the functionality isn't built in to AutoIt, how is it even possible to do this?

You answered your own question here:

It looks like this particular program uses two separate EXEs, but using one as service.

Services by default are running under SYSTEM user, which is pretty much the same as administrator, with a few restrictions, such as network access (if I'm not mistaken)

Edited by VAN0