Bugtrack Ticket #1653 closed

Hello everybody.

Jpm close this ticket with this explanation :

Both WM_KEYLAST abd WM_UNICHAR are define in MSDN so why to eliminate one of them

But if I take a look here on MSDN, I can read this :

The WM_UNICHAR message is equivalent to WM_CHAR, but it uses Unicode Transformation Format (UTF)-32, whereas WM_CHAR uses UTF-16.

WM_KEYLAST and WM_CHAR are equivalent?

If I read the documentation about Windows Message Codes on AutoIt help file, I am in trouble to see 2 WM_KEYLAST messages (0x0108 and 0x0109) in 'Sorted by Name' column.

If I take a look on 'Sorted by Code' column, I can see '0x0109 WM_UNICHAR', '0x0109 WM_KEYLAST', '0x0108 WM_KEYLAST'.

Here we can see that 0x0108 is after 0x0109 :mellow: and 0x0109 have two possibilities. :P

If WM_UNICHAR and WM_KEYLAST are equivalent, perhaps a presentation like this would be preferable : 0x0109 WM_KEYLAST/WM_UNICHAR

Maybe this two things are normal, but more explanation would be appreciable.

Best Regards.Thierry

Hello everybody.

Jpm close this ticket with this explanation :

But if I take a look here on MSDN, I can read this :

WM_KEYLAST and WM_CHAR are equivalent?

If I read the documentation about Windows Message Codes on AutoIt help file, I am in trouble to see 2 WM_KEYLAST messages (0x0108 and 0x0109) in 'Sorted by Name' column.

If I take a look on 'Sorted by Code' column, I can see '0x0109 WM_UNICHAR', '0x0109 WM_KEYLAST', '0x0108 WM_KEYLAST'.

Here we can see that 0x0108 is after 0x0109 :mellow: and 0x0109 have two possibilities. :P

If WM_UNICHAR and WM_KEYLAST are equivalent, perhaps a presentation like this would be preferable : 0x0109 WM_KEYLAST/WM_UNICHAR

Maybe this two things are normal, but more explanation would be appreciable.

You simply need to post a reply, or send a polite pm to jpm, expaining that the error is that WM_KEYLAST is incorrectly entered twice in the list of windows messages. The one with a value of 0x109 is incorrect, 0x108 is correct.

It wasn't clear from your ticket.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

In fact the WM_KEYLAST = 0x108 is a value to be used under Windows NT and Windows 2000

I know if it useful to document it but at least I will try

so for most of us now 0x109 is the correct value to use

sorry for closing this ticket a little bit to quick :mellow: