Error Handling by Microsoft

A bug in one of my scripts had somehow gone unchecked by me: simply because it was not causing any problems. I seem to remember having doubts about it at the time, and perhaps I had dismissed the possibilty of a divisor becoming zero during a particular operation which involved the Mod function. Amazingly, the script always seemed to work in any case. So apart from now making myself feel like a clown, I was surprised to receive a Microsoft bug report when I tried to run the script with the latest AutoIt interpreter. It didn't take me long to track the problem, and after running tests I discovered the following.

AutoIt Version: 3.3.0.0

Mod(1,0) => Returns -1.#IND

AutoIt Version: 3.3.6.1

Mod(1,0) => Send Error Report to Microsoft

I couldn't find any reference to changes in error handling. It could be relevant to the Devs. Both tests were run on XP pro service pack 3. This is the first time I have encountered a Microsoft Bug Report while using AutoIt, otherwise I would not have mentioned it.

Edited by czardas

It's either (or both, why not?) related to this ticket (where as posted as anonymous because I almost always forget to re-enter jchd in this little box) or that post.

I posted a workaround.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Thanks for the responce. I really have no idea if it's a bug, related to any other issues, or not. I am used to getting errors from the handler, but not from the OS. It's really a consequence of an error in my code. But it seemed a bit out of the ordinary to get that message. I don't know if it helps at all.

Granted.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)