Is it possible to keep blockinput when inputing password-like information

Hi,

I use blockinput to prevent possible interruption, but find out that it also causes that i can't input password information for a logon window.

Currently i just resort to close blockinput before inputting password and then re-blockinput after leaving password inputbox.

Why there is such exception? I wonder whether it is possible to keep blockinput when inputting password.

Example code:

; input ID and password for a logon window

Blockinput(1)

Send("MyID")

;

Blockinput(0)

Send("{TAB}")

Send("Mypasswd")

Send("{ENTER}")

BlockInput(1)

BlockInput(0)

Thanks for your attention and comment.

Sunzen

You can do it if you can figure out how to enter the password in while the keyboard and mouse disabled with BlockInput()

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Hi,

Yeah, i wish to enter the passowrd in while the keyboard and mouse disabled with BlockInput.

Is it a difficult thing? What's the difference with entering other information?

Could you give me some hint?

Thanks.

You can do it if you can figure out how to enter the password in while the keyboard and mouse disabled with BlockInput()

Think about it. You have locked the mouse and keyboard, so just how do you think you can enter anything unlsess you are reading if from a file or some other place. It certainly can't be done with the keyboard because you have that locked.

Windows 2000 >> User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate mouse and keyboard input.

Windows XP >> User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate mouse and keyboard input. See remarks below for an issue with Windows XP SP1.

Windows Vista >> User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate mouse and keyboard if #RequireAdmin is used.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Hi MHZ

Thanks for your attention and advice.

AutoIt manual says:

ControlSend works in a similar way to Send but it can send key strokes directly to a window/control, rather than just to the active window.

While giving your advice a try, I further find out that

For some programs, password can be entered using either Send() or ControlSend() while keeping keyboard and mouse lock by using blockinput(),

And for some programs, passowrd can not be enetered under the same circumstance.

So strange. Any information?

Sunzen

Instead of using Send(), give ControlSend() a try. I have not used BlockInput() for a very long time so I could be incorrect with the advice.

Hi,

I'm working on Windows XP(service pack3). BlockInput() function reference says

BlockInput() only affects user-input. Input from functions like Send() or MouseMove() still work.

I wish to use send()/ControlSend() to input password while keyboard and mouse is disabled.

Specially worth noting, as I stated in my last post, for some programs, password can be entered and from some other programs, password can not be entered. What causes such difference?

Thanks for your continuing attention.

Sunzen

Think about it. You have locked the mouse and keyboard, so just how do you think you can enter anything unlsess you are reading if from a file or some other place. It certainly can't be done with the keyboard because you have that locked.

Hi all,

My current encounterment is as following.

There are different behaviors when enterring password information while keyboard and mouse is disabld via blockinput.

For some external programs(I mean the program to be automated with AutoIT script), password information can entered while keyboard and mouse is disabled; while for some, password information can not be entered, causing that i have to disable blockinput before moving to password inputbox and reenable blockinput after leaving password inputbox.

This is so strange. Could anyone help me to explore the problem?

Thank you for your guidance.

Sunzen

My new attention:

The program,which needs to keep blockinput off for inputting password, uses special technique to enhance safety of user's password. soft keyboard is used, and moreover perhaps it just intercepts real input when typing keystrokes, thus simulated input of AutoIT when user input is blocked has no effect. While other programs don't use the speical password-protecting technique, simulated input can work.

I still don't know the behind details, approaching...