Removable drive check

Hello, i m trying to make a script for my school because alot of people are losing their removable drive because of forgeting to remove their drives.

So i came up with a solution so that when a removable drive is still plugged in, a dialog with a 300x200 image will come up to warn the user and stop the shut down, log off or restart. they will have to close the dialog (possibly make them click the image=create a image button? : , i will write "click here to close" on the image)and eject the removable drive to preform restart, shutdown or log off.

unfortunally, i m still a starter and i m seeking help. I actually have an exisiting script related to it so you might want to take a look. I m also looking to make it run at startup :( and i hope someone will help me do that.

this one is made from a nice person in this forum, it detects if you have a removable drive in 3 minsutes. If true, a traytip will pop up. This not not quite useful since its not annoying! :(

Local $d

Local Const $min = 3

While 1

$d = DriveGetDrive( "REMOVABLE" )

If not @error Then

TrayTip('Removable Disk Detected', 'Remember to unplug it soon or later...', 10, 2)

EndIf

Sleep($min * 60 * 1000)

WEnd

this one is a intro fade in 300x200 gui box. It has no minimizem maxinize, close buttons. i m trying to make this the reminder.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$splash = GUICreate("Loading...",300, 200, -1, -1, $ws_popup)

GuiCtrlCreatePic("splash.bmp", 0, 0, 300, 200)

For $trans = 0 To 255

WinSetTrans($splash, "", $trans)

Sleep(3)

GUISetState()

Next

Sleep(3000)

GUIDelete($splash)

This is a good idea. The little drives themselves ought to be able to initiate a beep every x minutes, or after a certain period of inactivity of the drive.

If you could get an executable onto the drive itself which would auto-start when the drive hooks up, that would be cool, but security measures on the local machine might prohibit that.

J

If I am too verbose, just say so. You don't need to run on and on.

hello,

Try this code :

while 1
    sleep(500)
    if winactive("Arrêt de Windows","")=1 then  detect(); the title of the last window which allow to restart, shutdown ... (french in my case)
WEnd

func detect()

$alarme=0
    $listsupport=""
    $tab_cd=DriveGetDrive ( "CDROM" ); list all cd rom drives
    If @error<>1 Then
        For $cpt=1 To $tab_cd[0]; test the status for each drive
            $status= DriveStatus($tab_cd[$cpt])
            If $status="READY" Then 
                $alarme=1
                $listsupport=$listsupport&$tab_cd[$cpt]&@CRLF; store the drive where the CD is present
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $tab_remov=DriveGetDrive ( "REMOVABLE" ); list all removable devices
    If @error<>1 Then
        For $cpt=1 To $tab_remov[0]
            $status=DriveStatus($tab_remov[$cpt])
            If $status="READY" Then 
                $alarme=1
                $listsupport=$listsupport&$tab_remov[$cpt]&@CRLF; store the drive where the device is present
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    if $alarme=1 Then 
        runwait(@comspec&" /c "&chr(7))
        SplashImageOn("Warning !","d:\diablo.jpg",1024,768); display a picture
        sleep(1000)
        SplashOff()
        MsgBox(16,"Support(s) oublié(s) !!","Attention au moins support a été oublié:"&@CRLF&$listsupport); list all media forgotten 
EndIf

EndFunc

If you want to run it for each user, make a link in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\start (warning I have tried to translate this path and I don't speek english good...)

I hope it'll help you