gpedit.msc change setting to over 200 computers

Hello Gurus,

I am new to this site. Tried to find some simple stuff but am not able to do it. Scratching my head since pass three days.

This is for windows 7. I would like to have logoff button instead of shutdown option on the start menu. I have over 250 machine needging to this. I am also the administrator of all the computer.

I can push the script automatically on all the computer and run the script automatically. I just do not have script.

Thank you for reading this.

Is there any way or possible to do it. I have read from previsous forum saying that I can start gpedit.msc and mouse click option. But i do not know how to get mouse coordinate.

I would try editing gpedit.msc with these instructions

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7553/remove-shutdown-and-restart-buttons-in-windows-7/

Monitor it with regmon,

If you can discover the registry settings that it is changing, you could set the values on the pc's via RegWrite.. then have your script ran as a startup item, or if you have a network boot script run it from there..?

Hope this helps.

I got this so far running.

ShellExecute("gpedit.msc")

WinWaitActive("Local Group Policy Editor")

send("{down 8}{right}")

sleep(1000)

send("{down 5}{tab}")

sleep(1000)

sleep(1000)

send("{down 55}")

sleep(1000)

send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("change start menu power button")

Can someone tell me how to select "Enabled" radio button and choose from following drop down option -->log off and Apply button???

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have my registry change key and value. I just do not know how to make it work in AUTO it

Here is my registry change key and value.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer]

"PowerButtonAction"=dword:00000001

Thanks for looking at it.

I would try editing gpedit.msc with these instructions

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7553/remove-shutdown-and-restart-buttons-in-windows-7/

Monitor it with regmon,

If you can discover the registry settings that it is changing, you could set the values on the pc's via RegWrite.. then have your script ran as a startup item, or if you have a network boot script run it from there..?

Hope this helps.

This is all not good practice.

If you have 250 PC's (or more) just put them in a AD group and do a policy on that group.

It is all easier then doing it locally on all PC's.That way if you need to change you will have to do a 1 min policy change

on the AD and it will be updated on all pcs.