Howto - Put a label on any child GUI

Ok, in short, I have a GUI with 2 child GUI's. In my code, I want to be able to create a label in any child GUI but I don't see how to assign the label to a specific CHILD GUI. It defaults to one but I need to have it in another.

Is there a way to assign a label to another child GUI??

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

Too Easy, OMG!!!

Thanks a million!

What projects have you made? I'd be interested if you have any big projects.

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

What projects have you made? I'd be interested if you have any big projects.

Pretty much just things for around my workplace, automating software in a way that people using it wont have to know how to use it, nothing that i could really post here. Biggest one i think is the first one i done at around 4500 lines but part of the reason it so big is because it's badly written being my first :party:.

Probably the largest thing i posted in the forum could be this.

I mostly just challenge myself to other peoples problems :P and learn from them myself :mellow: .

Edited by Yoriz
GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

I mostly just challenge myself to other peoples problems and learn from them myself .

its one of the ways that i've learned.

You can also just create the label in the Child window by declaring after that window is created

$Frm_main = GUICreate("")

;;Create some controls

$Frm_Child1 = GUICreate(...........

;;Create the controls you want appearing on this window

$Frm_Child2 = GUICreate(..........

;;Create the controls you want appearing on this window

Then appropriate controls will only display when that child window is displayed with GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, child window)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"